Use Product Review to Get Backlinks
    I'm planning to hire a freelancer to write review for me and I post them at some comparison shopping engines, some famous websites like amazon. But what can I do if I can't find the exact product that I wrote review for? Post review under the related products? That's not very cool. Can u share some experiences?
    [URL="http://www.IntimatesCare.com"]Trying to be a Great Affiliate Program for Lingerie, Costume and Club Wear[/URL]

Is the idea to put a link to one of your products that's comparable in the review?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

No, that will be called spam. Just leave a url in profile page.
    [URL="http://www.IntimatesCare.com"]Trying to be a Great Affiliate Program for Lingerie, Costume and Club Wear[/URL]

That would be called profile spam.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    That would be called profile spam.
    Even if I post contributed review? But many bloggers count this in link building ways.

Yeah, I guess there's nothing SPAMMY abut hiring someone to write a phony review to post on a comparison shopping site for the sole purpose of getting a backlink.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

A lot of people think that they can create their own backlinks, that's why bloggers have so much comment spam, those spammers think that they are getting a backlink from dropping comment spam. These links are pretty worthless because search engines can tell the difference between genuine backlinks, paid backlinks and self generated backlinks. They know very well that the site where the "backlink" is dropped is not endorsing the link in any way. It is just part of the SEO craze that doesn't bother to understand that self generated backlinks are no more an endorsement than graffiti on a wall.

If thousands of links are dropped all over the internet to a site that has little or no useful content, the site isn't going to be mistaken for an authority site and suddenly take over the SERPs.

A valid backlink is like an award. It originates on a related site's content and links to your related content, it endorses your site and may quote some of your site's content. A do-it-yourself link attached to content deposited on another site does not carry nearly the weight (or value) of a voluntary link to your site. It just says you were there.

There is nothing wrong with having a profile link from a site that is related to the destination of that link, it won't hurt your rankings; If you participate on a forum or read and comment regularly on a blog over a period of time, it can be seen that a relationship exists, but one link for a single review on a site like Amazon isn't going to change your page rank as much as the same review added to your own site will.

8. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Are you going to provide the product(s) to the freelancer or just hope that he will spend the necessary time to research enough about it to "review" it?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Are you going to provide the product(s) to the freelancer or just hope that he will spend the necessary time to research enough about it to "review" it?
    Hmm. I know that may be the freelancer will give phony and poor reviews if he understand the products via internet only. But providing free products is really big invest.
    Last edited by sherry Ciao; March 15th, 2011 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherry Ciao View Post
    Hmm. I know that may be the freelancer will give phony and poor reviews if he understands the products via internet only. But providing free products are really big invest.
    But there will not be a problem promoting your links with product description. However, you must stick on writing unique description at various sites. Duplicates will be counted as spam.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread