Reversal day has begun...

So far Lifestyle Fascination & Ecost have done most of our reversals with a reason of "other".

Let's see who is next.

Please list your biggest offenders too.

Petscriptions (drop).

I had 2 orders reversed from SportsAuthority. One was a $700 order so I'm annoyed.

The reason given was "invalid credit card". My suspicion is that they called or the buyer realized they'd made a mistake, gave them a good credit card and the sale went through without giving me credit.

ABW Ambassador
    Are the reversals only posted on the 10th of each month or can it happen any day?

Javi

ABW Ambassador
    Stay away from BigDogs. Five (5) reversals in a row spread out over a month for "Declined Credit Card". Had never had even one merchant do a reversal for this reason before this.

Stay away from Ebay. Had nearly every $5.00 sign up reversed for the month of November and December ...the biggest months of the year.

quote:
    Originally posted by heisje:

Petscriptions (drop).

All of my sales are *locked*. You should not advise anybody to "drop" before knowing througly.

Only in december:

Infinology : 2 reversals (reason: invalid credicard)

ApolloHosting : 2 reversals (reason: unqualified Lead)

HostRocket : 1 reversal (reason: other)

JumpLine : 1 reversal (reason: Invalid Credit Card

sambay,

re: petscriptions
    - their network status: $$$
    - their network reversal rate for 2002: 22%
    - their reversal rate for our account in 2002: 100%
    - our own network reversal rate (CJ): 6%
    - our own network status: $$$$$

recommendation: DROP

heisje,

- their December charge-back is 0.00,
    - none of my sales have been reversed,
    - my conversion with them over 5%,
    - my EPC with them is $22.97, 2nd best,

sorry to hear they reversed all of your sales, but I'd not recommend anybody to drop, just because I've not been fortunate with them..

ABW Ambassador
    For me, Junonia is reversing most of my sales sales. Only get 2-3 sales a month with them but even so I cannot remember when a sale stuck - unlike some other merchants selling similar items where I get almost no reversals.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I agree with kelly626, BIG DOGS are cheating affiliates!, almost 900 clicks not one sale. They terminated me for a stupid reason! Cj.com needs to kick BIG DOGS out for terminating affiliates because they either don't convert, track or reverse sales or terminate there partnership with good affiliates, Does not make since! oh yeah almost forgot to add Ebay to the list! reversed 3 sales ($15.00) in DEC

Jason
    Santa Cruz, CA 95060
    affiliate program: http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=857

eBay!

Enough said.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

great, i got no reversals on the last days. the most that I got was from an automotive merchant whom i will not name, since the affiliate manager was quicky to respond to my questions. and he seemed sincere.

sambay,
    re: petscriptions

their reversal rate is reported wrong. nothing is reported for December: untrue: *all* our sales for this month have been reversed.

you can see that their "profile" page lists their reversals as 0%, *very* misleading and untrue. because when you go to their reversals table you see the real situation: reversals average for 2002, 22%, maximum 25%.

irrespective of our own reversals (a horrifying 100% for the year when our aggregate average is 6%), I would *never* *ever* recommend to anybody to work with any merchant with a $$$ status and an average reversal rate of 22% - except if they have nothing more useful to do.

in short: petscriptions do not sell and they reverse a lot - to me an indication of a troubled company.

sambay, seems to me that you are one of the fortunate few that do not get reversals from them. a rate of 22% indicates that most of their affiliates do - at an unacceptable level. and a network status of $$$ is not exactly an indication of excellence in performance . . .

ABW Ambassador
    There is no special reversal day, because sales can always be reversed and are then marked as "accepted". That means that a sale marked as "locked" is reversed later on.

carneol

I used to to ok with music123 but now they've gone bad so they're gone.

The thing that pisses me off most is the indonesian exuse. It's always indonesians with stolen credit cards. I get a small amount of international visitors, a few from germany, italy, chile, romania and a few other eastern european countries but I never see any from indonesia. It's about time these merchants got a better excuse.

Why dont they just say "we've seen how much you affiliates boast about earning over at ABW and we think you're earning too much and it probably won't make any difference to you if we reverse almost everything, reduce our cookie or half your commissions"? Eastwood company where honest enough to do that.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread