Red face A newbie needs help
    Hi everyone, i am looking for a proper place to get technical help. I recently signed up with shareasale and can't even figure out how to post my affiliate's link on my website.

I use free Word press and would love to know if anyone can help.

Thanks
    Last edited by Smokey100; March 15th, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey100 View Post

I use free Word press and would love to know if anyone can help.

Thanks
    Better double check their TOS, I thought free WP didn't allow monetized blogs?

Hello Smokey100, welcome to ABW.

When you say you use free WordPress, I hope it is on your own domain because Wordpress sites hosted on the WP site do not permit affiliate links.

To set up WordPress you need to have your own domain name (about $10) and a hosting account to host your domain. If you shop around you can find hosting for under $5 a month, look for a host that uses ControlPanel so you can easily manage your site. Once you have your own site you can install WordPress and start customizing your site. While you are learning all the details about adding links you can also be building content to attract traffic to your site. Try the free lessons at w3schools to learn some basic html such as adding links.

ABW has a Blogging forum where you can learn more about starting with WordPress.
    Good luck.

If you're using WordPress, you could just highlight the text that you want to convert to a hyperlink and then click on the insert/edit link button and paste your link in the link URL box.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Free Wordpress clarification
    Thanks for your help. I didn't make myself clear. I do have my own wordpress site and I have it hosted on my own domain through Go Daddy. I just don't pay wordpress anything on a monthly basis.

I have a web site that does allow paid links I believe, but I will follow up to see if I need to up my membership or something. That could very well be the issue because I have linked articles within my website but not a paid link before.

When I try to add the share a sale link it looks like it works but then it won't work when I go out of admin and try to click the link. It just shows as broken.

I will try again today. Again thanks so much for your quick help. Robbie

Well, adding a link will always be same whether its paid/free

If you know how to add links then you are good to go because paid links don't make any difference
    (i would say it this way; "a link is a link")

Some points to clear your doubts:

1: you don't have to pay anything to wordpress because its a free C.M.S
    2: if the link is showing as broken then you might need to double check its U.R.L to make sure that there is no typo

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Prodigal; March 16th, 2011 at 10:20 AM.

Your free WordPress site should be good to go, there is no fee to use WP on your domain.

You might want to check the link you are trying to add because (depending on where you got the links from) they may need you to replace a part of it to be a valid link. Check to see if it has "YOURUSERID" and replace that with "444444" - whatever your SAS ID is.

Smile Check the HTML coding
    I have a Wordpress site and many times when I paste a link from the data feeds I find that the merchant hasn't done the code completely right. Check the coding to see if all quote marks are where they should be and that all open codes are closed.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread