Does groupon reduce their commission rate?
    I am using a widget/plugin from widget box gallery which display Groupon and other social deals on a local map. I have config the social deal map widget with my own cj affiliation id. Everything looks nice as my reader can get update about those daily deals. But recently, the pay off from Groupon seems get reduced from 5% to 2%. Is this the case for everyone? or Groupon only reduce the payoff for some one?

Hi There-

Good Question. We do NOT reduce payment (within normal terms). However, some people did notice a drop, because at the end of February we ran a special commission to show our gratitude and affection for all affiliates. What you might be noticing is the switch from this special back to the normal rate.

If you don't think this is the reason, as always- you can email our team at affiliate[at]groupon[dot]com or me personally, at julia[at]groupon[dot]com

Happy Wednesday!
    Julia Kozuck-Hochstein
    Head of Affiliate Marketing- Zoro.com
    affiliate@zoro.com

Maybe what you're noticing is the difference between the payout for new customers vs. returning customers? They pay a lower rate for return customers and a higher rate for new customers.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael- also very true too. As I said, if you'd like we can go over your account if you do have any questions.... feel free to email me!
    Julia Kozuck-Hochstein
    Head of Affiliate Marketing- Zoro.com
    affiliate@zoro.com

So for return customer sale it is 2%?
    So for return customer sale it is 2%?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread