What merchants earn you the most money.

For me it is amazon.com and smartbargains. whats yours?

GM, dont expect too many replies on this question. I reckon if somebody is going to give out their secrets so openly. Especially if the merchants are doing good for them I doubt anybody is going to share it here.

But I can give you one advice, its kinda hit and trial method. You keep merchants that convert and drop ones dont.

You can do some reading here as well and gather some info on good merchants.

On the other hand it really depends on the theme of your site.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

ABW Ambassador
    lemme check, brb.

A Merchant that works for me may not work for You. "no smiley for hand over mouth"
    dave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kapsat:
    "no smiley for hand over mouth" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave,

How about
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What merchants earn you the most money.

For me it is amazon.com and smartbargains. whats yours?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazon.com here too. Several others vie for second each month (a few overstock and closeout shops, a few specialty online retailers, and a couple big name retailers).

Thanks Haiko i knew i had seen one.

all this time and i never noticed the scroll bar on the side of the smiley face menu.

now i feel kinda
    I hope i get glasses for Christmas!
    dave

http and a telephoto
    My best merchant might never convert for you and vice versa. Who will convert depends on your traffic, your site and a multitude of other reasons. Has nothing to do with not wanting to share, has to do with sharing that kind of info won't help anybody.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Yep what works for one person is a pretty individual thing.

I have one sub-site that does really well, so I then decided to build a dedicated site with a god domain name. 18 months on the original one is still streets ahead in spite of having less pages. So go figure.

Just keep looking at your reports and also web log stats and they should give you clues.

I have been in IT for nearly 30 years and software and software products have good commission rates,so, in theory as this is an area I really understand I ought to be able to exploit it(IT?) but in over 3 years I have only managed to find one product that gives a consistent return. May be I should try hard, but on the other hand my time is probably better spent on expanding what I know work.

Les

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by websmith:
    Yep what works for one person is a pretty individual thing.

I have one sub-site that does really well, so I then decided to build a dedicated site with a god domain name. 18 months on the original one is still streets ahead in spite of having less pages. So go figure.

Just keep looking at your reports and also web log stats and they should give you clues.

I have been in IT for nearly 30 years and software products have good commission rates,so, in theory as this is an area I really understand and I ought to be able to exploit it(IT?) but in over 3 years I have only managed to find one product that gives a consistent return. May be I should try harder, but on the other hand my time is probably better spent on expanding what I know work.

Les <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Out of 500+ merchants theres only two products that stand out above the rest. My heavy hitters are furniture slipcovers and mineral makeup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I hope i get glasses for Christmas! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. I'd post a pic, but too embarrassing.
    ~Ernie

ABW Ambassador
    Bingo rooms that use Parlay Entertainment software do the business for me. Also, colleges and vocational training.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    It's not the merchant as much as the way you promote. Lead programs, as opposed to sales, are also another option. The bottom line in whatever you do, however, is traffic.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    What Loxly said.

The answer is too subjective.

Personally I've rocked the house on merchants who have EPC's below $1.00, and failed to make so much as a nickel, in spite of concerted effort, with several merchants with EPC's well over $20.

Sales success has less to do with what you sell than with reaching the proper prospects for what you are selling.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread