http and a telephoto
    OK, so I saw a reference to "helping us get through the day after Thanksgiving" and I was wondering if that meant that was a good online shopping day or the suckiest ever since everyone in the world goes to the nearest mall that day?

I don't think I was very active over here until December of last year, and I only had one (!) program converting at that time, so I have no clue.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

It's the biggest day for brick and mortar, and a decent day online. Mid-December is better online.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Actually the biggest day for brick and mortar is the Saturday right before Christmas, Black Friday is usually the 5th. The busiest 4 days are the two weekends before Christmas. Online the biggest days are in the second week. Getting my newsletter ready to send right before Thanksgiving, keep people at home shopping online

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    As best I can recall, Thanksgiving weekend didn't bring huge sales for me in years past.

Wednesday is typically my best sales day. Hey! happy Wednesday!!!

Last year my sales peaked on December 10. That was a very nice week.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Loxly,

In a thread about LS reports being late, I asked how affiliates would deal with the day after Thanksgiving and that weekend, if the Linkshare reports failed - as they did last year.

We were working blind for several days. Had no idea of how our strategies were working. No one from LS was around to let us know what was happening. It was then that I learned the real value of this board.

At that time 90% of my merchants were from LS, so no reports was painful. This year only about 25% of my links are from LS so it isn't as critical, but it does matter. There are some heavy hitters in that group.

Lily

Michael is right...industry projections for this year are for the week of December 13th to be the busiest online.

Online’s holiday Black Friday could be a Monday, says Atlas DMT

In the busy online shopping days leading up to the holidays, the work week starting December 13 will be the busiest, predicts the fourth annual holiday shopping study from marketing technology provider Atlas DMT. The single busiest online shopping day is still anyone’s guess, but Atlas notes that last year’s most active online shopping day was Dec. 15, as opposed to Dec. 10 in 2002. Last holiday season`s busiest day online recorded a 140% sales increase over the typical holiday shopping day last year, Atlas reports.

see more: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=13386
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread