Affiliate Manager
    How do I get my affiliates to respond
    I am really trying to get our existing affiliates to become more active. I really am trying to be helpful and offer new collateral to increase their success.

I am not getting any response.

For example, I have personally contacted a few sites to become affiliates and they have signed up, but never finished the process by uploading content or a banner. When I try to contact them, they are totally unresponsive.

Any feedback on how to get their attention?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Many affiliates don't respond to a lot of direct contact but if you make yourself available to them by as many methods as possible, they will reach out when they feel comfortable doing it.

As a tip to help you catch some traction, make getting active with you profitable and fun - run first/second sale promotions, incentivize posting a link (be selective on your approvals then pay a small bonus just for posting a link, blogging about you, whatever- then emailing you or chatting you to let you know about it)or run a monthly sales contest.

Also - are you pushing our any linking code in your welcome email ?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

3. Thanks From:

This is a constant challenge with affiliate programs so don't be disappointed to see non-active affiliates but make it your goal to get as many active as possible. It's a non-stop job. To add what Wade suggested:

1. Analyze your program from top to bottom. How do you compare to your competitors with terms, cookies, payout, PPC policy? Is your conversion rate up to snuff? If you can't convert affiliates won't hang around long. Make sure you have a solid offer or you're just wasting your time and the affiliate's time.

2. Bonuses and incentives. Encourage them to give you a try by offering an incentive campaign.

3. Contact them when you have something to say and only then. Affiliates get bombarded from emails from many, hundreds or thousands of, affiliate program managers so don't waste their time with emails that say or offer nothing important. They're business people, respect them as such.

4. Ask yourself why should they promote you over your competitors or other offers. If you don't know, why should they?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    I love having little quizzes, games and contests. You'll be surprised how a quiz winner will suddenly become active shortly after. Even more important is establishing the connection with someone new and I find these games no matter how big or small engages people.
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Affiliate Manager
    and it makes it even more fun for me too!
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Affiliate Manager
    I think that's a pretty interesting approach, bonnievr...How do you send correspondence about this? Do you send out a mass email with a quiz question? Do you award them for responding? Meaning do they get something like $5 just for responding?

Affiliate Manager
    I use the newsletter section of the networks. As far as rewards- keep it fresh. It could be cash, increased payouts, shwag. Sometimes everyone wins, sometimes respondents get a chance to win. Experiment - see what works best for your program.

CPA Network Rep
    Relationships are the key, don't demand they generate something - ask what you can do to help them.

Again, you need to ask yourself are you competitive with rev share, offers, brand message, etc.

Affiliate Manager
    I agree. No demands ever.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    It took me 90 days from go to get super affiliates active on my first full time AM gig in 2005. What tipped the cart was sending an email with subject line: What would you do for double commissions? Triple the program in six months!

13. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager OutdoorPlayToys's Avatar
    Chuck thank you for that! What a great idea!!!!!! These are the little tips I love as a new merchant! :-)

I think the most effective ways to make them respond are to build relationships with them, offer bonuses on top of commissions and send them a weekly stats report. This article also gave good tips on ways to inspire affiliate loyalty.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Great Tips and Suggestions... Thanks everyone!!
    Harish Kumar |Contact
    Head- Pulbisher Management
    Komli

Great information! Creative subject lines increase e-mail broadcast conversion rates.

This thread has been very informative, as I've also wondered how to engage my affiliates in a way that creates better relationships.

When I moved my affiliate program from one program to another, that's when everyone spoke up to verify they were following me, so I was glad to receive those Emails, but other than that, most affiliates stayed silent.

It's good to know how else to get them talking.

Shirley

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread