Post Closing due to Fees
    Greetings all,

This is something new that I havent seen before, or may have happened but I dont recall getting a message about it from a merchant.

We regret that we are terminating the affiliate service via Commission Junction immediately following a huge increase in the fees charged by Commission Junction.

We received no prior notification of the increases from Commission Junction, which is why we have been unable to give more notice, and their new fee structure makes it impossible for us to continue with this service. We are considering whether we may be able to provide a direct (ie operated by ourselves) affiliate service and may contact you later if this proves practicable. Thanks you for you support.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    wow... haven't seen anything on this - will have to take a look. Maybe they ended a "grandfathering" phase on someone.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Wow, this is a memory-jogger. Kowabunga/MyAP/Kolimbo/Think/Inuvo did the same thing four years ago:

Last edited by markwelch; March 17th, 2011 at 12:54 PM.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    hey Mark... that second post was right - eventually.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    wow... haven't seen anything on this - will have to take a look. Maybe they ended a "grandfathering" phase on someone.
    That's my guess. I know that years ago they went from something like a $50 monthly minimum network fee to $500. They grandfathered some in for a year or two. Perhaps some were grandfathered in for longer.

I would suggest referring them to another network with a lower monthly minimum. I've heard that CJ actually does that themselves (which is impressive!) when they have merchants who are too small to qualify.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

From CJ's FAQ. I guess if you don't meet the monthly minimum you have to pay the monthly fee. Wonder how much it is.

Commission Junction - FAQ

What are the requirements for an affiliate marketing program for an advertiser?
    An advertiser has a product or service it wants to advertise and sell via the Internet. Commission Junction advertisers must apply to join and are screened by criteria such as the advertiser's business model and objectives. Advertisers pay to activate their programs and must also meet a monthly minimum in transaction revenue or pay a monthly fee if the minimum is not reached. To set up their programs, advertisers must have creative to advertise their products or services, in the form of banners, text links, or product links. We recommend that advertisers have a dedicated person or resource to manage their programs for the best results.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Peri View Post
    Greetings all,

This is something new that I havent seen before, or may have happened but I dont recall getting a message about it from a merchant.
    Are you making any $$ off this merchant??
    Cos if they are paying $$, there might be no volume to support that

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    From CJ's FAQ. I guess if you don't meet the monthly minimum you have to pay the monthly fee. Wonder how much it is.
    I guess Michael mentioned it... I know they had a $500 min since 2006 when i looked at them when I was working for a diff company.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I know that years ago they went from something like a $50 monthly minimum network fee to $500.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread