Education Lead Generation - Effects of New Regulations?
    Any ideas about how the new regulations for for-profit schools in terms of how they can advertise will effect the education lead generation space? I heard about the seminar at LeadsCon discussing how schools are going to start cracking down on their merchants in regards to how they represent the schools, which in turns means merchants cracking down on affiliates. Is this something we need to prepare for now?

For-profit "universities" (and those promoting them) are definitely under scrutiny. A recent "60 Minutes" story revealed some problems, and recently a campaign has been launched through Change.org to try to pressure the Washington Post to change the practices of its Kaplan University subsidiary.

My wife inquired with one for-profit school last year about one program, and we endured several months of high-pressure sales tactics, including many provably-false claims and contradictory promises.

Consider whether you'd want your children to experience what some of these schools offer (often non-accredited programs, often failing to fulfill licensing requirements, invariably paid for by staggering student loan debt).
    Last edited by markwelch; March 17th, 2011 at 05:52 PM.

Mark- thanks for your reply. I read all the articles in your links and shared it with my coworkers. Our entire business is based on edu lead gen and I am running into a number of problems with satisfying my both affiliates and my schools. Lead Critic recently posted this article Education Leads, The Fraud Magnet | LeadCritic. With the poor reputation of this industry, new regulations and pretty intense fraud, it looks like we are really going to have step up our game if we are going to survive in this industry.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread