ABW Ambassador
    Another clueless merchant with 300% reversal rate in SAS and huge -ve EPC
    There is no dearth of such merchants with -ve EPC and huge reversal rates.
    One that I happened to see is
    http://www.shareasale.com/a-viewmerc...rchantID=28547
    with 300% reversal rates and NEGATIVE 7 DAY EPC of -$56

Yuck Yuck Yuck.

On top of that this merchant filed a WRONGFUL and ERRONEOUS feedback report on us.

What a SHAMEFUL merchants ..

Hope SAS takes some action on these CLUELESS merchants ...

2. Thanks From:

+1

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

15 years and counting
    It's not fun to work with a merchant who has no idea of how affiliate marketing works. It get really bad if the merchant makes false accusations.
    I'm not working with them but I'm going to pass on their (attractive) private offer.

So like, do affiliates owe them $28?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Is this a pretty low-volume merchant? (It looks like it is - last affiliate sale two days ago.) Just a few (legitimate even) reversals can make the numbers look really bad for a low-volume merchant. I wouldn't read a whole lot into that.

Now the negative feedback report, that's another matter.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Their 30 day reversal rate is also at over 75% and 7 Day reversal rate of 300% (not sure how they can accomplish that feat)!. It may a low volume merchant.

I put out there so everybody can do their DD before engaging and get bitten by this, clueless merchant (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals View Post
    Their 30 day reversal rate is also at over 75% and 7 Day reversal rate of 300% (not sure how they can accomplish that feat)!. It may a low volume merchant.

I put out there so everybody can do their DD before engaging and get bitten by this, clueless merchant (IMO).
    Unfortunately, if a merchant gets a lot of fradulent or otherwise invalid sales from a single affiliate, and they end up reversing a couple weeks' worth of sales in one day, it can give them a negative reversal rate for the last 7 days.

Without knowing more about the situation, there's no way to know if this is a bad merchant or just a low volume merchant who had to reverse a handful of sales at once.

A couple years ago I went through SAS looking at all the newest merchants. A huge number of them had really high reversal rates and a lot of them had hastily thrown together policies on TM bidding. One had a reversal rate of something like 3000%.

At the time my conclusion was that new merchants were specifically targeted by TM poachers, because they often had no policies in place when they launched their programs. This merchant's numbers could easily be from something similar.

As for the "WRONGFUL and ERRONEOUS feedback report", you have an opportunity to reply to feedback, and that reply is visible to other merchants, just as they have an opportunity to come here and reply to your accusations.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread