Google Affiliate Network and Adsense Deactivated
    Hello, I'm new and opened a Google Adsense account about 2 months ago. I played with the adds a little when I first started my site but noticed competing adds so I clicked on a few to determine address to block. I mostly told a few people at work and family about my site. Any I had around $4.88 in my account. I pulled all the adds down a few weeks ago and started with CJ and OneNetwork. I opened a Google Affiliate account about two weeks ago. Anyway I got a email yesterday saying they disabled my Google Adsense account for invalide clicks. Not that I was trying to cheat anything but I'm new and this is about $4.88 and I would gladly pay it myself. Not all these clicks were mine.

Today I noticed that I can't get in my Google Affiliate account as well. I have sent an email to try and get my account reactivated. Any advise?
    Last edited by klm1159; March 18th, 2011 at 10:12 PM.

Tax Paying Member
    The Goog is very unforgiving. It seems to be all or nothing. A black mark on one account is a black mark for all accounts.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

ABW Ambassador
    New publisher + very few clicks + clicking on own ads = Banned from Google Adsense.

That's a proven formula to getting booted out of Adsense.

Not much you can do about Adsense at this point except move on - it's unlikely they'll let you back in. I'm surprised, though, they booted you from Google Affiliate Network, since that's not a cost per click model. You might be able to explain the situation and try to get back into GAN.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    About a year ago, G decided that you had to be in Adsense to continue in or join GAN. All GAN affiliates who had been booted from Adsense were removed from GAN, and no one banned from Adsense could join GAN.

Several threads on this last year.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Well I guess that's what I get for not paying attention. I warning letter would have been nice. I took all of the adds from addsense down a few weeks ago anyway for compeating with my products. I don't care about the nickle and dimes and would rather get paid for sales. I did like Google Affiliate Network. I'm with CJ and OneNetwork so I have a lot of other things to offer. I really don't understand why its such a bug deal if they have the capability to filter your clicks out. I see a lot of people walking on thin ice worrying about it because they clicked on their own adds 1 or 2 times.

Well if I can just figure out how to get PHP files to display on certain pages now I would feel better. Thanks for the replies and I will be doing a lot of reading here as it seems like a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by klm1159 View Post
    Well I guess that's what I get for not paying attention. I warning letter would have been nice. I took all of the adds from addsense down a few weeks ago anyway for compeating with my products. I don't care about the nickle and dimes and would rather get paid for sales. I did like Google Affiliate Network. I'm with CJ and OneNetwork so I have a lot of other things to offer. I really don't understand why its such a bug deal if they have the capability to filter your clicks out. I see a lot of people walking on thin ice worrying about it because they clicked on their own adds 1 or 2 times.

Well if I can just figure out how to get PHP files to display on certain pages now I would feel better. Thanks for the replies and I will be doing a lot of reading here as it seems like a great resource.
    Are those pages htm or html pages? If they are add the following to your .htaccess file and they should starting working:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .htm
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .html

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I was thinking of trying the DataPac from Popshops. There are two sample files that I download from PopShops. Here are the instructions.

Create a test file on your server with ".php" as the extension.
    Create a file named "popshops.php" on your server in the SAME directory
    Copy the script you have chosen into your test file and save
    Copy the script below of the "PopShops class" into your popshops.php file (this will be an "include" in your script so it has to be in the same directory)
    Open your catalog (the list of merchants) in your Data Pack account and select the merchants you want to be part of your site
    Copy your catalog API key and your account API key from that catalog admin page
    Paste those at the top of your file replacing the API keys that are currently in there
    View your sample site (domain name /directory / file name .php)

I created a file call test1.php and popshops.php and uploaded both to the root directory of my website. If you go to the link below it seems to work fine. Now I need to figure out how to get this to display on certain pages so when say someone clicks on a page I call SEARCH for example the below page would be displayed.

www.wificomputers.net/test1.php
    Last edited by 2busy; March 19th, 2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: unlinked URL

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread