PHP and Popshops
    Hello, I'm trying to some PHP feeds working in HTML. From what I gather I need to add these two line the the .htaccess file which I have done.

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .htm
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .html

I basically copy and paste the PHP script into a HTML box on my site and publish but I dont get anything but some code that show up. I am a newbie to all of this and I appriciate anyones help.

Why don't you contact support where you host your site - they should be able to help you.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I basically copy and paste the PHP script into a HTML box
    Is your site on Wordpress or some other CMS? That can make a difference.

Also, some hosts do not have or permit settings that allow you to run remote phpscripts like PopShops.

I don't use Wordpress but a drag and drop site builder. They do support PHP 4 and 5 and I'm set to version 5. I have uploaded a couple of php files to my site and they work. As you can see if you go to this address below. These are samples from Popshops.

wificomputers dot net /test1php

For my product feeds I'm using Javascript which is working great but would like to use php as I understand that is searchable?

Two things that I'm trying to figure out.

1 How to get my feeds working in PHP in an HTML page.
    2 How to get a file like the link above to display in a certain web page.

I have called their tech support but basically you own your own when it comes to PHP. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention their name.

Thanks for the help as I know it hard working with someone that's at ground zero.
    Last edited by klm1159; March 19th, 2011 at 10:24 PM.

The test.php is showing, it looks like that is a results page of the PopShops api service. You will need to know how to build the code to use api calls, PopShops offers that option for experienced web developers. That is different from popping the PopShops php code into a html page. If you are already using the PopShops javascript code, just use the php code option and paste it into a page the same way.

It could be that I'm not reading your question right, I did go look at the test page and it is not the typical PopShops php page.

That is one of my problems that is if I use PHP instead of javascript for my product feeds it doesn't work and I'm trying to figure out why.

Yes the sample page is from their data pack that I was just playing around with to see if I could get it to work. I'm interested but don't have the knowledge. I'm looking for a local programer for assistance.

If I could figure out why the PHP script isn't working that would be a great help.

My only suggestion is for you to post your site in the review/feedback forum here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146 so that you can post a specific page link and get input from others to help you resolve the problem.

Drag 'n drop site builders have limitations with site building. You should check with your site's host to help you troubleshoot this issue. You may have to port your site out of the site builder interface & create your own html or php pages.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread