Affiliate Manager Romantic Adventures's Avatar
    Thumbs up Join This Affiliate Program Now!
    Last edited by 2busy; March 19th, 2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Outside of paid ad

Please keep your promotions inside your paid ad area. We all want to see your program grow, but outside of the paid area it is considered spam, and can alienate members.
    Thank you

Angry New to Abestweb & ShareAsale
    I am Steve, the proprietor of Romantic Adventures. I was invited by Lindsey at ShareAsale to post on their thread "stickied", with the advice of following the guidance from the first post by Sarah. If this is not allowed please advise both myself and ShareAsale. Has my entry on "stickied" been deleted?
    Last edited by Romantic Adventures; March 19th, 2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: more precision

Hi Steve, the Stickied Promos thread is here: ShareASale Affiliate Promotions: March - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum and the first post there each month shows the format to follow. You are welcome to post there each month that you have a promo. This is a big place, it's easy to miss a turn.

Thumbs up Promotions
    Yes it is a big place. I don't suppose you could offer further guidance? Shareasale helped me get set up with them, and they recommended that I do the paid launch with you which I have done. They also recommended I post in "stickied" which hopefully I have now done - I think they check it over before posting it.

Though I am not a new business, I am certainly new to this type of, shall we say "networking"? Always seems to be something else to do. I have three options I guess. Try to participate here like an amateur making lots of wrong turns, give up, or try to find guidance on what and when to do it:

To put it bluntly, a "to do" list would be very helpful - been working like that for years. Could you make some suggestions of things to do that could help me promote my exclusive (shareasale) affiliate program, and suggest ways for me to provide value and contribute to abestweb? That way I may not get lost and get my message to the right people. If there are more places I could post my new affiliate program then that is where I would like to start, and sending me the links to those places, like you just did with the stickied link could be immensely helpful! As my affiliate program grows I would be in a better positon to consider the more obvious possibilities such as "paid" advertising avenues...

Also, in retrospect I would have preferred the heading "Join this Affiliate Program Now!" on the ad I recently purchased. It is more direct to those who are looking for programs to join. I could not see how to edit this - maybe its not possible. Ofcourse my intention is to get the reader to consider what I am offering on my Affiliate program:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142963

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by 2busy; March 20th, 2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Linked to paid ad

One good place to read is http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=101926.

I haven't seen one of the Welcome emails sent out when people sign up at Abestweb for a few years, but there should be other helpful information included there. Usually people start here: Introduce Yourself - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum to let the community know they are here and to get to know you a little. Be sure to read the ABW rules before you post there, manual signatures such as you are adding to your posts are not allowed. Once you are properly listed as a merchant or AM you can add your signature. That is probably the reason your posts are getting flagged by the spam blockers too.

Your business is not new, but you may be unfamiliar with many facets of affiliate marketing. This thread can help in that respect: Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum and see Merchant Best Practices Forum - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum for some good suggestions.

It is very helpful for merchants to spend time at ABW to have a more successful program, the more you read the more you'll get the overall picture. Good luck.

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread