Affiliate Manager
    How to set up download page?
    I am preparing to sign up with clickbank and am trying to figure out how to set up my download page. After a customer makes payment, clickbank sends them back to my site for the download, but I don't yet know how to set up the download page. I mean, I can set up a download page, but anyone who goes there could download the product. My question is, how do I set it up so that only people who have made a payment can download the product?

Does this make sense?

Seriously consider a product like DLGUARD. Totally worth the money.

It makes dl pages that expire automatically after 1, 2, 3 hours whatever you want.
    Last edited by ToughTurkey; March 20th, 2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: more details

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    DLGUARD looks good. I wonder also if there is some kind of solution where I create a page that somehow recognizes the person has made a payment, some kind of script...

I'm not a programmer, but have become aware that such things exist, like when paypal sends you to a page with a download link. Is there something like that that could be set up for after a customer makes a clickbank payment?

I would think that since Clickbank specializes in digital downloads that they would have or could recommend a solution that works well with their checkout. You may want to contact their support before moving forward with a 3rd party solution.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

6. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks rematt. I had checked with clickbank but didn't get a response that helped. I probably should try again, wording my question better.

I'm surprised that they don't include this information in a welcome package or make it readily available to since most (if not all) of their merchants would have the downloading of digital products as a requirement. Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

9. Thanks From:

See Post #2!!!!

CB will not be any help, they offer no solution.

Trust me, I've been this route. Save yourself the hassle because you'll probably only end up buying DLG in the end anyway. It will pay for itself over and over again.

BTW, I have no connection with the product in any way other than being a totally happy customer.

11. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks both! I'm surprised too that CB doesn't have a solution or at least some resources/suggestions. I have had one correspondence with them about the issue and they said I have to figure it out on my own. I may try this product you suggest ToughTurkey, but I'm also looking around Joomla for a solution, as my site is a Joomla site.

Try the Joomla Extensions Directory, it's a great source for Joomla tools and add-ons. A search for ClickBank download managers brings up one result, however there are generic paid download managers that should also meet your needs. Good luck.

-rematt

14. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks again for these leads rematt. I just checked through the joomla extensions. I'm using Joomla 1.6 so I'm not sure if any of these are going to work. I'm checking with my joomla developer to see what he thinks..

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread