Closed, Open, Inactive?
    There are several merchants still listed in my account as being in the SAS network, but have either been offline for many months and/or apparently are not even in business. Anyone from SAS know the status of TotallyOrganic.us, GreenLoop.com and Vivavi.com? Green Loop isn't even selling product any more, TotallyOrganic.us doesn't even have a website and Vivavi has been offline for probably over one year. Oh, and forgot to mention PeacefulValleyGreetings.com.

Is it proper to say their affiliate programs are even "open"?
    Last edited by GreenAffMan; March 20th, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

15 years and counting
    You can't sign up anymore for TotallyOrganic, GreenLoop, Vivavi or PeacefulValleyGreetings. It means they have been deactivated or their program "Closed".
    If they are still in your account it's because you're listed as an affiliate with them.
    You can go to ACTIVITY SUMMARY REPORT then select Merchant Status "Closed" then Quit Program.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Zeus. The thing is that on the Merchant Activity Summary screen it is not saying their programs are "Closed" and I feel some of them need to be updated on SAS's end. Perhaps some of them are still open, and if so, should they be considering their long duration of inactivity? I have other programs I used to work with that say "Closed" when these do not. It makes me wonder if they are indeed still accepting affiliate applications. When I first applied to TotallyOrganic.us, it took them months to approve me (after I sent them direct emails). A few months later, they went off the map. But in SAS, still says they are Temporarily Offline.

15 years and counting
    An other way to check the status of your merchants is to go to the merchant agreement page.
    shareasale.com/a-viewmerchant.cfm?merchantID=XXXXX
    Where XXXXX can be found in your SAS links.
    by example: shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=0000&u=0000&m=XXXXX&urllink=&afftrack=
    You'll find three important pieces of information:
    1-EPC
    2-Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate:
    3-Last Compliance Test Completed:

It shows if the merchant is reporting affiliate sales. If not, forget these merchants, Closed, Temporary Offline or Online they are not worth your time.

A merchant status can show "Temporary Offline" even if the program is not active anymore, as long as the merchant has money in the escrow account.

BTW, a "Closed" program still shows the "Join Program" button on this page, you have also a Status of the merchant just below: Program Status: Closed
    Last edited by Zeus; March 20th, 2011 at 04:42 AM.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread