Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    They're moving from Performics to LinkShare.

Ugh.

"Ugh."

Exactly.

(No, I'm not following you around.)

Fred

Wise move as performics only competes with their affiliate in the PPC game and place waaay to many limitations to make running their programs worth while anymore.. sad but true!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I just emailed Hershel the am for both programs at Linkshare to see if they plan on paying me my performics commissions

I'll make my decision...

If I get a response

If the response says I'll be getting paid

and then IF I decide to work with a contracted-out Linkshare am

ABW Ambassador
    Well, there goes the neighbourhood. Never done that much with Catherines but Lane Bryant convert well for me. Hate LinkShare though...UllaPopken never converted as well as they did at CJ when they moved and nor did JustMySize.

I wanna get paid first too.

On the bright side, If I drop LB, at least I'll never have to remember if I'm updating Lane Bryant retail or Lane Bryant catalog, one of who's logo says they are not the other one.

Right up there with trying to figure out if I'm a publisher (well I publish ads and websites) or an Advertiser (I definately advertise merchants)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Billy Kay:
    On the bright side, If I drop LB, at least I'll never have to remember if I'm updating Lane Bryant retail or Lane Bryant catalog, one of who's logo says they are not the other one.

Right up there with trying to figure out if I'm a publisher (well I publish ads and websites) or an Advertiser (I definately advertise merchants) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

good one!!
    Ebudae

I kinda wonder what the attraction was at LS for them to want to migrate.

I rec'd a reply from Hershel this morning - it's a GODD response. Lemme' contact him and ask if I can post it

Hershel said it's ok to post, so

Hi

I work for Charming Shoppes and manage the affiliate programs for Lane Bryant, Catherines, and Fashion Bug (our largest brand which we just launched e-commerce and an affiliate program). To help our efforts we also rely on a full service account team at LinkShare.

Charming Shoppes operate 2,200 stores and our 3 brands represents 40% of the plus size specialty retail marketplace (and 62% of American woman wear plus sizes). And in addition to plus sizes, Fashion Bug has a more extensive selection for women: misses, girls, teens, maternity, plus, shoes, etc.

Please know that no affiliates will get stiffed under my watch!

I look forward to working closer with you and helping to support your initiatives.

Thank you for partnering with us and I hope you'll stick with us through this transition!!

Thanks again and best regards,

Herschel

first email say he's not a linkshare employee and we'll all get paid. this one says WHY they're leaving performics

Hi

Thanks for your email.

I love your sites and already had most bookmarked.

Before reading that bulletin board, I didn't realize we'd cause so many waves and people would get so passionate about our migration. Those affiliate perspectives are a real eye opener.

Simply put, we felt we outgrew Performics and the support they could provide our partners and us. We moved to LinkShare because we think it will enable us to devote more time and resources to support our affiliates. While we're market leaders who dominate 40% of the plus-size specialty retail market place and generate $2.2 billion dollars a year through our 2,200 stores (Lane Bryant, Catherines, and Fashion Bug), I think we've barely scratched the surface of what we can do in close partnership with our affiliates.

I believe this move to LinkShare represents a big opportunity for our partners to grow their revenue. I'll be spending at least half my time focused on our affiliate programs and I have an amazing in-house creative team--and unlike most LinkShare merchants, we've contracted LinkShare to also provide a dedicated, full service staff to augment our support for our affiliate programs.

We now feel we have the infrastructure and resources to provide winning support, strategies, copy, creative and offers for our partners to grow their revenue. I think 2005 will be a huge year for our affiliates.

I don't want to come across like a poser or shill on your bulletin board. But, yes, I'd be very grateful if you would say we're "OK." If you think any of my correspondence is appropriate please feel free to post any excerpts. And certainly, I'd be happy if you post my contact info in case anyone would like to call me directly.

Thanks again and best regards,

Herschel

(212) 279-7676 x249
    herschel.thompson@charminginteractive.com

and on a personal note, if anyone missed the most important thing in his two emails:

I love your sites and already had most bookmarked.

(Perhaps should be moved to the Linkshare forum now)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On the bright side, If I drop LB, at least I'll never have to remember if I'm updating Lane Bryant retail or Lane Bryant catalog, one of who's logo says they are not the other one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just got this from Performics:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Dear Valued Affiliate,

Last week Performics sent an e-mail to all of the affiliates in our network to notify them that the Lane Bryant affiliate program is going to be discontinued as of November 17, 2004. Please note that there are two Lane Bryant affiliate programs - Lane Bryant and Lane Bryant Catalog. These two programs are not related to one another! The program that is being terminated on November 17, 2004, is Lane Bryant.

For those affiliates that currently partner with Lane Bryant Catalog, please do not deactivate your links. This will not affect your program! All Lane Bryant Catalog banners and tracking metrics will continue to generate sales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See!! I'm not the only blithering idiott!!

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Billy don't be so hard on yourself, you'll always be the only blithering idiot to your friends at ABW.

BTW, I decided to look up what blithering means exactly, you never hear anyone call themselves a blithering anything else

Mike

We regret to inform you that Lane Bryant has chosen not to accept your application for the Lane Bryant Affiliate Program at this time. This may be because:

·Your site is temporarily down or under construction. Please apply again after 2 weeks.
    ·A wrong or misspelled URL was given in the application. Please correct the problem and apply again.
    ·Your site contains offensive content.
    ·Your traffic levels are too low.
    <span class="ev_code_RED">·You are currently an affiliate in the Lane Bryant Performics program.</span>

Please feel free to reapply with Lane Bryant (https://ssl.linksynergy.com/yadayadayada) whenever you feel you have addressed the concern(s) listed above. We look forward to your reapplication.

If you encounter any problems, or have any questions or concerns, please contact us at lanebryant@linkshare.com.

Best regards,

The Lane Bryant Affiliate Team

1. How does Linkshare know what programs I belong to at Performics?

2. There is no "Deactivate This Merchant" button at Performics. The only way to delete a merchant is to email info @ Perfomics and request it, and keep your fingers crossed they get the email, acually act on your request, and notify you of such.

3. What's the best way to do this without loosing sales?

IF Perfomics deactivates it at exactly 9am today, and IF linkshare activates at exactly 9am today, and IF I'm online and change all my links at exactly 9am today - by deactivating Performics don't I loose all the 30-day cookie sales that will come in for the month?

What if I never hear back from Performics on my deactivation request?

What if Performics deactivates today, and Herschel went on Vacation for a week and can't activate Linkshare? I'm stuck with dead links.

Would it be best to wait until the program ends on the 17th - I think I'll still get the 30-day cookies - and THEN reapply to Linkshare? Again, if Herschel isn't there at that moment, I have dead links.

[Edited to correct my numerous mis-spellings of Herschel - who will henceforce be referenced soley as "H"!!]

What am I missing?

Well, that will probably prevent me from following them to LS. If they can't make the trasition smooth, then why bother?

Do they have a datafeed outside of LS?

Fred

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I was an affiliate through Performics for them and as soon as they were live on Linkshare I applied and was approved for both Catherines & Lane Bryant.

I switched all my links over from Performics to Linkshare without a problem.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I'll go try now, maybe I will have to eat my words...

Fred

If Herschel wasn't such a nice guy I'd phrase this differently, but since he is, I'll phrase it "this is just silly"

1.Herschel emails me and says he likes my site and I should apply thru Linkshare.

2. I apply, get a form rejection letter saying "No because you're on Performics"

3. I decide to wait until performics ends so I don't loose any cookie commissions.

4. Performics ended and I get an email from Lane Bryant today saying "We hate to nag, but can you apply thru Linkshare so that the transition can be as seemless as possible - AND we'll give you a $25 signing bonus!"

5. Great! That worked out better than planned. I log onto Linkshare and... joining LB and Catherines is NOT an option for me since they've already declined me.

6. Aargh! Despite "world-class, envy of everyone, picture perfect planning" on my part, I now have links that lead to dead pages which apparently can't be fixed any time soon, so I have to remove a merchant that makes me money!

regarding the problem of being denied at LS while still in Performics: do you use the same ID for both?

I got an email from LB today wondering why I hadn't crossed over. Even offered a bonus for sales. But I did this many days ago, and my LS account has a different ID than mine at Perf.

I'm afraid someone has some learning to do at LB.

Herb,

I just checked - the 2 IDs aren't at all similar.

And even if it was, I wouldn't trust either network to not loose sales if I changed one of 'em.

Remember how many times we got that annoying Linkshare popup that said our email address or ID was apparently wrong and needs to be fixed - even though we never changed either. Hec, some people STILL get those popups.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Remember how many times we got that annoying Linkshare popup that said our email address or ID was apparently wrong and needs to be fixed <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

may be how one hand doesn't keep up with the other at LS. at the time, we were finally told there had been some changes made that would affect only a few affiliates. But they never came out with what was changed.

I think it may have had to do with length of passwords. Mine was four characters only.

Imagine how I feel, with few orders being the norm. I can't comment on a day without sales as being abnormal. Heck -- I can't comment on a week of sales being abnormal at LS for me.

I just keep building, but more with companies that let me use their private shopping cart.

Herb,

Off topic for just one second...

At the Yahoo party at Rain they gave door prizes. And one of the winners was a guy with glasses named Herb!

I said "What are the odds? Could it be OUR Herb?" With the strobe lights and fog machines and flame show I didn't get a good look, so I spent the next 20 minutes going up to everyone with glasses (which since it was an internet geek marketing convention EVERYONE wore glasses) saying "Are you Herb". No Sorry. Are you herb? No sorry....

sorry... back on topic

Gotta' love Linkshare!

I just stated I didn't even have the option to join LB or catherines.

They did not show up anywhere in the Join Merchants interface.

So I didn't apply.

Just got my "You've been approved" email!!

Hershell, if you're here skulking - thanks!

Gotta' go change your links.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast