Incentive Program
    I have been doing some research on adding incentive programs to our terms. I'm wondering if they are effective, and what incentives work best.

All of our actions are generated on sales. Would a higher commission on new sales work best, and is a dollar amount better than a percentage increase.

Thanks for your help,

Susan

On CJ, I always prefer a permanent higher commission. When you do incentives, it doesn't get finalized and paid out to affiliates for (I think?) two additional months. (It might just be one - I can't remember.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It depends also on what you're trying to accomplish with the incentive program. Get new publishers active? You could do an "activation bonus" -- a one-time cash incentive to start driving sales. Get more volume out of top partners? A performance-tiered commission structure could help.
    Your Ad Here.

Long Term Solution
    Would a higher commission on new sales work best, and is a dollar amount better than a percentage increase?

Well, a higher commision is always a motivating factor for employees. But you have make sure that's really the scenario that you want, because while it may generate some improvement it is still a very short term solution.

The worst thing you want is for your employees to simply be working for the extra compensation, instead of creating a culture that can sustain itself past the initial euphoria of bonuses.

There are plenty of systems out there that can help you and your business.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARudd View Post
    The worst thing you want is for your employees to simply be working for the extra compensation, instead of creating a culture that can sustain itself past the initial euphoria of bonuses.
    Affiliates are not employees.

The merchant should have their culture already established so traffic driven to them, preferably qualified, has the greater chance to make a sale AND earn the affiliate a NICE commission.

It is not the affiliates place to create a culture for any merchant...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    On CJ, I always prefer a permanent higher commission. When you do incentives, it doesn't get finalized and paid out to affiliates for (I think?) two additional months. (It might just be one - I can't remember.)
    It's two months.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread