I thought that networks also get the commission from the merchants on each sale made by the affiliates.

If its true then if sales are not tracked properly by the networks how do they get paid? Dont they also lose the money if sales are not tracked?

If its false then somebody should correct me.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

ABW Ambassador
    In CJ's case, and maybe a few others, the network still gets paid a monthly fee.

But to answer your question, yes. If a sale is not tracked and reported (ie; the merchant has removed the tracking pixel from confirmation page), then the network is cut out of the picture for that sale as well as the affiliate. Networks usually receive somewhere in the neighborhood of 30% of the affiliate's commission rate; if the affiliate gets $10 commission, the network gets $3 on top of that.

Thanks BC for your reply. Now that brings another question as I have seen few threads where affiliates complain that sales are not tracked properly by the Networks. I wonder why would they want to do that as they are also at a loss? Isnt it in their best of interest to track all affiliate sales so they get paid too? sorry I could be dense on this one but just trying to make sense as how the things work.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wonder why would they want to do that as they are also at a loss <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the case of tracking pixels not being present on the merchant's order confirmation page, this is outside the realm of the network's control; it is the merchant's site on the merchant's server.

As to why any networks tolerate this at all is beyond me. I will not specualte here about the reasons why they might allow this to happen on a regular basis. It's something that can happen by accident and be forgiven if fixed in a timely manner, but there are somtimes cases where the merchant is simply a sneak thief.

Recently a Shareasale merchant did this and when it was brought to Shareasale's attention, the merchant was dropped in five minutes flat. Bravo to Brian Littleton for having the balls and the backbone to do what is necessary to solve the problem once and for all. This happened before about a year ago with another merchant, and it feels good to know that with Shareasale, the sneak thieves does not get a second chance. Brian Littleton puts the "trust" in "trusted third party".

Thanks BC for another helpful reply. I just read it, it got .

Hats off to SAS, thats why try to promote them when ever I can. They take care of us so we should take care of them.

SAS does not get the high monthly fees that the other networks do and so they depend more on sales tracking properly. They, thank goodness, really DO lose out when we do. So, of course, they have less toleration for cheats.

Better all around.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I wish all the networks have solely depended on sales as the source of their income.......lol

Ah Sigh! Wishful thinking!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread