Affiliate marketing as an industry??
    As we have a different identity for online Marketing thatís called an Affiliate marketing, it has its own affiliate networks, merchants, Affiliates marketers, conferences are taking place, big companies are selling online for their virtual presences, different ad networks has been build, performance marketing association & now the Affiliates Awards going to be held in this April.. Awesome..
    Well I believe it is transformed into an industry & it really has a prosper future. What do you guys think about it?? Would you acclaimed it as a separate industry or just niche marketing industry (or channel)?
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

15 years and counting
    Affiliate Marketing is now a full-blown industry with many services focusing on an expanding market.

...we have a different identity for online Marketing thatís called an Affiliate marketing, it has its own affiliate networks, merchants, Affiliates marketers, conferences are taking place, big companies are selling online for their virtual presences, different ad networks has been build, performance marketing association & now the Affiliates Awards going to be held in this April.. Awesome...
    Seems like you answered your own question. Zeus is right - and we are a part of this industry.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maria jarel View Post
    ... & now the Affiliates Awards going to be held in this April.
    Who's throwing this shindig? This a UK thing?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I think she's probably talking about this: Affiliate Marketing Awards. Personally, I think it's comes off to me more as a way to create an event (that you can sell tickets to) rather than legitimate awards. Also, they have one category for "hottest affiliate or AM", which I think is tacky and unprofessional.

There are many other awards in the industry that I feel are more legitimate. ABW has annual awards. Affiliate Summit has annual (or is it twice a year?) awards. CJ and LinkShare both have network-specific awards.

As for the original topic, I agree. Affiliate marketing is an industry of its own. Has been for quite a while.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    "Also, they have one category for "hottest affiliate or AM", which I think is tacky and unprofessional."

Yeah, but it kind of looks like that one is just for fun. I think how it's handled/presented plays a part.

They have Jill from GirlyChecks nominated, Shawn Collins nominated (who also happens to be a judge at the event) etc
    Last edited by Trust; March 25th, 2011 at 01:55 PM.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I think she's probably talking about this: Affiliate Marketing Awards.
    I merely asked if it was a UK thing because there seems to be a lot of UK based affiliate marketing reward events there. Even the above domain is registered to a chap in the UK - LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    As for the original topic, I agree. Affiliate marketing is an industry of its own. Has been for quite a while.
    +1
    Last edited by Convergence; March 25th, 2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

For me its a part of marketing industry. everyone knows that people now a days don't have much time to spend in shopping and visiting in the market. so the online selling is increasing day by day. and the companies are also trying to increase their impression in the virtual world. and for this reason the Online Marketing system is developing. nothing else

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I call it an industry, channel, etc. Not sure what the specific term is and how that is defined. I consider Affiliate Marketing to be a channel for Online Marketing which is a part of Traditional Marketing. Traditional Marketing is made up of TV, Radio, Newspapers, Billboards, Catalog, Direct Mail and all things Online.

Affiliate Marketing is still a bastard channel against SEO, Paid Search, Email, Display ads, etc. We are still fighting turf wars in bigger corporations and affiliate is treated like some vague, spammy, trademark poaching niche. For six years I have fought the powers that be to get equal opportunity for affiliates. Unfortunately we are spending much effort fighting the tax nexus rather than promoting our channel, industry, etc.

The secret to proving Affiliate Marketing is transparency. I have great expectations for social and mobile via AM. Affiliates are innovators and many of us got tired of seeing others take the profits at our expense.

Yap AM is such industry where the labor works from their own home!!! The buyers also don't need to search their goods from one shop to another. It's a home based profitable industry where there's no investor, no fix time schedule to work and no fix salary.

Yes, affiliate marketing is definitely an industry. And a very profitable one! It's a win-win situation for both the merchants and affiliates. I think it's a great industry!
    Last edited by affilorama; April 1st, 2011 at 09:44 PM.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

It's a very large and growing industry. As more and more companies figure out that there's to marketing online then having a facebook page, it will grow even more.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread