Overstock.com strange search results
    This has been reported to Popshops, but is anyone else having big issues finding products that normally are there in the CJ Overstock feed? Over and over I'm getting “No Products” and a lot of blank pages in the search results. Here are two simple examples of things I know they have:

I search for “bamboo rug”. Results indicate that Overstock has 106 items matching that search.

Page 1 – No Products
    Page 2 – 2 products
    Page 3 – No Products
    Page 4 – 1 product
    Page 5 – No Products

So I found 3 items total on 5 pages for “bamboo rug.”

“Women’s plus” is a search phrase I use all the time to find women’s apparel. It says 252 products on 11 pages, but…

Page 1 – 1 product
    Page 2 – 1 product
    Page 3 – No products
    Page 4 – No products
    Page 5 – No products
    Page 6 – No products
    Page 7 – 1 product
    Page 8 – 2 products
    Page 9 – 2 products
    Page 10 – 1 product
    Page 11 – No products

Total found – only 8 items (???). It seems their feed has had big issues for the past week now. Anyone else seeing this?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

ABW Ambassador
    joyaz - This past week the Overstock datafeed was updated and inactive products were huge. The jewelry category was hit rather hard as well. I have also noticed the “No Products” search returns as you described. Hopefully, Overstock will correct its datafeed soon. I haven't taken the time to contact anyone regarding the issue so thanks for letting us know you did.

I can search the product feed on CJ and find the missing items (ie. 108 bamboo rugs). Isn't that supposed to be the same feed we get at Popshops? It's like there are big chunks of the feed missing at Popshops.

They had a huge amount of shoes and now they have 2. I wrote to the AM at Overstock who told me that there were 2,260 sku's in that category. I have written back twice to tell him that all that is showing up on Popshops is 2 but have never gotten a response.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Looks like it's fixed in Popshops now.

Overstock.com (CJ) has been placed on HOLD in PopShops due to inconsistencies in the feed for the last week. We are working hard to get corrections from Overstock.com, but have yet to receive a corrected feed. Unfortunately even though it appears to have stabilize at the moment, our tech team has noted inconsistencies that will likely cause issues again with a new import.

On another note, Overstock (CA), (UK), and (EU) are now CLOSED in PopShops. Please email O.co (Overstock’s new international program) and request them for inclusion in PopShops.

If you would like to remove all inactive products from Overstock.com you may do so as follows. Once logged into your account copy and paste this url in your browser: http://www.popshops.com/dashboard2/merchants . Then check the box next to overstock.com and then click 'remove all inactives from shops'.

Thank you for your patience while we try and secure a corrected feed from Overstock.

Michelle
    Last edited by MichelleG; March 28th, 2011 at 01:33 PM.

Hello everyone,

We have been in contact with Overstock.com and they are in the process of implementing a fix for the feed. We will integrate the fix in PopShops as soon as possible.

We also have been approved for O.co and I will continue the integration process for the new international feed.

Thank you to all who contacted Overstock, and for your patience while this is being resolved.

Best,

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG View Post

If you would like to remove all inactive products from Overstock.com you may do so as follows. Once logged into your account copy and paste this url in your browser: PopShops Sign In . Then check the box next to overstock.com and then click 'remove all inactives from shops'.

Thank you for your patience while we try and secure a corrected feed from Overstock.

Michelle
    I'm not seeing a box next to any merchant name on that page. Could this be a browser thing or is it an admin only thing? I would LOVE to have that functionality.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern View Post
    I'm not seeing a box next to any merchant name on that page. Could this be a browser thing or is it an admin only thing? I would LOVE to have that functionality.
    Scratch that. I proved I can't read. It's on dashboard 2.0, an area that brings my browser to a screeching halt.

It'd be handy if that column of inactives had shop lists attached to the inactive number though. Handy as it is to have the list attached to all shops, it still requires going through each shop to find the inactives in cases where a Remove All Inactives is the wrong thing to do (which, for me, is almost always).
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Here's what I do when I have to remove all products from a merchant:

I highlight and copy the entire list of products from that merchant, paste into an Excel spreadsheet and then I can sort the items by (my) shop (something we can't do in Popshops). Then I go in and delete items a shop at a time using the "find" (control-F) feature so that I'm working and replacing items a shop at a time.

I don't like to do a "blanket" remove all because then my shops are left with odd numbers, too few or products might be replaced with items that aren't relevant.

What I don't understand is why can we sort our products list in Popshops by every OTHER column except "Shops"? We can sort by Product, Status, Merchant, Network and #Shops. ???

We are happy to report that Overstock.com's feed has stabilized.

Overstock.com (CJ) is live again in PopShops!

Thank you for your patience while this feed was on hold.

Best,

Michelle

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the update Michelle.

I think Overstock's feed still has issues. There are a lot of products missing again.

ABW Ambassador
    Yesterday, I added a few of their products back to one of my websites and today those products are showing as inactive. The datafeed must have updated overnight. Tired of fooling with them at this point.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread