ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Rebook Terminating Active Affiliates for Inactivity
    Recently got an email from reebok affiliate manager to say I have been DUMPED from their program. I wrote back and asked why and I was told if I don't respond to their email or have not made a sale in last year I'm thrown in the gutter basically. Well that is funny as my last sale for them was in late January 2011, yes that is right. I just wrote to tell them that whoever employed them needs their bran checked.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Was it managed in House, OPM?

Terminating inactive affiliates is one of the biggest mistakes affiliate managers can make, but when they can't even get the selection criteria right and end up terminating active affiliates (which happens way too often), that takes the cake.

If I can find contact information, I'm going to send the AM a link to this thread. I'm sure they could benefit from the Merchant Best Practices forum, and particularly the list of affiliate-friendly policies.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Looks like it's managed by Carat. Email sent.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I got an email from them on 28 Feb regarding inactivity. I do promote Reebok brand products, but currently not promoting their store. I do not care if they terminate me, there are dozens of stores I am affiliated with that carry Reebok.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Looks like it's managed by Carat. Email sent.
    I'm not sure how I messed this up, but I think instead of looking for "reebok", I looked for "adidas". Carat manages Adidas. But this is Reebok.

It looks like Reebok is managed by CJ.

I'll send them an email about it, but I doubt they'll change their policy about terminating inactive affiliates. They do that with a lot of the programs they manage and they suggest it to merchants.

I think terminating inactive affiliates is one of the most damaging things that an AM can do. CJ obviously disagrees.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    It looks like Reebok is managed by CJ.:
    That doesn't surprise me at all, not the first time CJ staff have messed up.

I think terminating inactive affiliates is one of the most damaging things that an AM can do. CJ obviously disagrees.
    even worse is terminating active affiliates for not being active
    Last edited by glittered; March 31st, 2011 at 02:04 AM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    I got an email from them on 28 Feb regarding inactivity. I do promote Reebok brand products, but currently not promoting their store. I do not care if they terminate me, there are dozens of stores I am affiliated with that carry Reebok.
    Yeah good point and I can't blame reebok for this so I will have to try and find some other merchants that sell their items and use them, what a lot of time wasting nonsense, thanks Mr/MS No Name who works at CJ!!!!!
    Last edited by glittered; March 31st, 2011 at 02:03 AM.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread