The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Unhappy Datafeed
    Has anyone noticed there hasn't been a datafeed transfer from any GAN merchant since Friday in mid-afternoon. I find it highly unusual that there wasn't one datafeed transfer all weekend. I suspect there is a problem.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

I'm glad you posted this, I've been wondering if I had a password typo for my datafeed subscription. My last update was 3/25 3:18PM. Yes, I think they are having technical problems.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

These datafeed merchants have not sent me new feeds in a long time:

Andy's Auto Sport K190568
    BestBathStore.com K179842
    Crabtree & Evelyn K127639
    Cribs.com K172673
    Designer Linens Outlet K203748
    Diamond Nexus Labs K242520
    Dinette.com K135577
    Flora Queen K267466
    Footwear etc. K264142
    Grooming Lounge K131519
    Hsin Kuang Herbal Store &... K251409
    Huntington Surf & Sport K167616
    InhabitNY - Unique and Lu... K232700
    Mantis Garden Tools K327767
    Mrs. Beasley's K9666
    ShoeSteal.com K182010
    The House Boardshop K173325
    UltraDiamonds.com K238079
    UniquePearl.com K269115
    Wordans K276505

I have them on FTP upload. My settings are fine, obviously, since other merchants' datafeeds are updating appropriately.

Some of these merchants have not sent me updated feeds in QUITE A WHILE, since some of the old datafeeds I have for them still have the "clickserve" links which are no longer valid.

Mantis Garden Tools is a new merchant for me (less than 30 days) and I have not received even one datafeed upload from them yet. So obviously, it is not a question of "they do not have any new products."
    :coffeetim

Quote Originally Posted by gamweb61 View Post
    These datafeed merchants have not sent me new feeds in a long time:
    gamweb61, I think this is a different bug, which I suffer from as well, but for this particular thread, I've got 93 feeds that haven't updated since Friday afternoon.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Nothing here either since 3/25. Anybody contacted GAN yet?
    Your Ad Here.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja View Post
    Nothing here either since 3/25. Anybody contacted GAN yet?
    I sent the Google Affiliate Moderator a link to this thread, but haven't done anything else.

I emailed this morning, no response yet. Fairly annoying, especially when you're doing stuff like Price History etc.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    My first and only datafeed from GAN in 3 days came this morning at 8:05 AM. There probably will be more to come throughout the afternoon.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

I'm seeing the files start to update again today. Google support is a joke, they'll rarely admit a problem on their end. Here's the copy-and-paste reply I got:

Hello,

Please check the following settings to make sure we are able to transfer files to your FTP server:

1. Allow read/write/delete access to your FTP for the following IP ranges: What IP addresses should I use to configure my firewall? - Affiliate Network Help

2. Make sure you are not running on SFTP (secure FTP)

3. Check the available space in your FTP server to make sure there is room for the files you are requesting

4. Contact your FTP administrator to verify your username and password, as well as your access settings

If the above troubleshooting tips do not correct the issue, please send us your FTP credentials so that we can test the connectivity of your server:

• Host Name:
    • Username:
    • Password:
    • Path:
    • Port:
    • Mode (active/passive):

Regards,

Affiliate Publisher Support
    Google Affiliate Network
    Yep, it must have been my fault. Did a human even read my message, or did a machine scan for keywords and generate and auto-reply?
    Your Ad Here.

Previously I would have been all over this thread - opening a support ticket, sharing datestamps of my datafeeds (yes, they were stale as of Friday), etc.. and yes, I'm starting to see new files this afternoon.

It's well-documented here that a number of affiliates have seen major decreases in revenue & conversion since last fall.

I have always felt this is datafeed-related as GAN doesn't provide support between merchants & affiliates when problems exist. It took me 4 months to get 3 feeds restored... the rest I no longer actively promote.

It's a real shame, but I just don't have time to follow-up anymore.
    Last edited by teezone; March 29th, 2011 at 03:49 PM.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread