SEO Tips, Girly Checks News and More @ the Inaugural AS Meetup
The Affiliate Summit team introduced a new Affiliate Summit Meetup Day, held on the last Tuesday of every month. The first month kicked off with an impressive 48+ communities and 380+ attendees across the US (and a few abroad!).
In Denver, Jeannine Crooks joined 15 others (including networks, affiliates, and an OPM) at Gordon Biersch Brewery in Broomfield, CO. They used the initial meeting to discuss topics and plans for future meetups, as well as enjoy plenty of time for networking Click here to view a photo.
In Baltimore, we welcomed guests to our buy.at office and enjoyed a very informative SEO presentation from Rob Adler of The Link Builders. Providing a mix of beginner and advanced SEO tips, he engaged the audience and inspired us to take our SEO efforts up a notch. In addition to answering questions on optimizing root-page links, he shared a helpful “top 5 SEO tips” for beginners (targeted towards bloggers), which we’ve posted below. Click here to read his full recap of the event.
Top 5 SEO Tips
- Use small, broad root keywords for your home page, headers and tags – you can always add additional terms down the road, but if you change your root keywords, search engines will reevaluate and re-rank your site.
- For WordPress users, he recommends the Platinum SEO Pack – this will help beginners improve their blog’s SEO performance.
- Use keywords for images – they help boost your site’s rankings, especially for e-commerce sites.
- Embrace share buttons – adding Facebook “like” links, Twitter RT links, etc. make a significant impact.
- Update content regularly – search engines reward you for what you are doing, not what you have done.
This only covers a small segment of everything discussed at the meetup. For more SEO information (beginner and advanced), check out the following sites or reach out to Rob Adler at The Link Builders.
Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch, WebmasterWorld, ViperChill, Blue Hat SEO, Sugarrae Affiliate Marketing Blog, Graywolf’s SEO Blog, and AmandaOrson.com.
After the presentation, the gathering presented a unique opportunity for an in-person contract signing. Jill & Bill of Girly Checks announced their decision to launch their program on the buy.at network! We’re absolutely thrilled to have them on board and look forward to announcing the day that their program goes live We snapped a few photos of the official signing and then headed off to Sly Fox pub for the rest of the evening.
Thanks to everyone who attended and we’re looking forward to next month’s meetup! If you’d like to start or join one in your local community, sign up here.