On monday I go into my local pizza/deli to get lunch as I am walking in there is a plain black on white oak tag sign in the window that says "Hot soup $2.00" I say to my friend that owns the store that no one will buy soup because that sign sucks. He says what do you mean so I told him if I owned the place that sign would say something totally different. He says can you explain, so together we took out a marker and got a new blank cardboard for a new sign. I wrote on it
    "Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
    Just like mom use to make
    Only $2.00
    Come in and get warm"

He laughs at me and says that I have lost my mind but he agrees to put up the sign since the last one did squat in sales. Today I go back to the store for lunch after forgeting all about it. When I walked in it was like I was royalty. I got a free lunch since his soup is selling like hotcakes. Then he asked me how I knew something like that since I only work on a computer all day long. After I get through telling him all about affiliate marketing or tried to explain it anyway. He asks me to make him a sign to sell more pizza's lol.
    Only in Brooklyn
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

What!!??!! You only got a free lunch?

He should be giving you a percentage of the company and the title of marketing director.
    Apollo

Its always the case more than product its the advertising that sells. Just exaclty one has to know how to market the product.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

http and a telephoto
    Yup, only in Brooklyn, and Queens! The thing that blew me away the most about NYC is that all the delis still have handwritten cardboard signs and equipment and decor from the 50's! I expected NYC to be all qlitz and electronics and it's mostly mom and pop running the shop the same way they did in the 50s and 60s!!!

You could make a fortune, nyfalcon, spreading your knowledge and educating one deli at a time on the simple things!!! lol
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    nyfalcon,

Kindly forward any of these items that you take for granted:

A REGULAR coffee - from a Greek diner - without having to explain what "regular" means

A pretzel that isn't made by "SuperSoft" and isn't called "Gourmet"

A genuine slice of NY pizza, because all we have is NY-STYLE pizza

Ditto on a bagel or a roll

Hamburgers WITHOUT mustard on them and vis a vis hot dogs WITHOUT ketchup and WITH the option of saurkraut and onions

A bottle of YooHoo or a bag of Wise potatoe chips

A cookie from Stella Doro

ANYTHING that looks like ITALIAN bread

Any pasta from Polli-O

A chocolate Entemman's donut

A small bottle of ocean from Jones Beach - hec - ANY water bigger than a puddle!!

Women who haven't been genetically altered to look like Pamela Anderson (Oh nevermind, that's one of the GOOD things about living here!!)

Hmmmm,,, am I getting homesick??

Billy that stuff sounds like everything I eat daily! I probably should get one of those sealing gizmos and sell ny bagels online I would make a fortune. A huge seller online is cheesecakes from Juniors in brooklyn I don't know if you ever had one of them.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

For a link back to a pr9 I will make you up a care package and mail it to you.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread