ABW Ambassador
    Anyone Make Any sales with this Network?
    I'm voting pepperjam as the most useless network of 2010. I make sales with other networks but this crowd nothing seems to go to checkout, I wonder why? I had a bad feeling joining them due to some issues in the past but now I feel I completly wasted my time putting links and rss feeds up for their merchants. All I have had with them so far is plenty of clicks, NO SALES, Lot's of spammy email and no satisfaction.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted View Post
    Anyone Make Any sales with this Network?
    Used to, before I dropped them...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    They will be part of eBay now as they were bought by GSI, and with GSI being purchased by eBay

I have no problem getting sales with PJ merchants. Of course a lot less than on other networks, but that's to be expected if I'm pushing 5 merchants on PJ and 500 on others.

I don't get any more "spammy emails" from them than from any other network. Just the typical day-to-day promo and affiliate newsletter stuff for the most part.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

In 2009 & 2010 I made lots of money with them, infact my number one earner was/is on PJ but I have since moved to GAN with the same merchant. I see no difference with PJ then any other network if you find the right merchant.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I still have a couple of merchants in there but not doing much. I've had so few sales that either the individual managers have given up on me or they've just bugged out of the place. At any rate, I never see any of them logged in.

I must remember that the reason I joined them was because I wanted to keep with certain GSI merchants. Who then for the most part wouldn't let me in their programs.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe it's just the way I got the links, I think there were several options how they are decoded, I might have to have another look if some people have made sales.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I've got no problem with PJ, despite my initial reservations. My epc is drifting down over the past year with the GSI programs as they where brought over, but I don't attribute that directly to PJ.

(Generally, they've been very responsive too - but I must say my current NM isn't.)

ABW Ambassador
    One example for me where I see failure, Biker's den, use to make quite a few sales with them as an Indy, since moving to PJ not one sale (about 9 months).
    Last edited by glittered; April 3rd, 2011 at 08:15 PM.

That reminds me of one thing that does bug the crap out of me on Pepperjam.... before you sign up for a merchant, you can see their EPC figure, but after you sign up with them, you can't. Unless I just haven't found the right place in the interface to look for that.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    That reminds me of one thing that does bug the crap out of me on Pepperjam.... before you sign up for a merchant, you can see their EPC figure, but after you sign up with them, you can't. Unless I just haven't found the right place in the interface to look for that.
    Find Partners tab > Change Status to: Joined
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I went with PJ to follow Hayneedle and did good for a year or so. Then their conversion rate fell way below what I'm getting with other merchants on other networks. Questions to Hayneedle fell on deaf ears so I dropped them.

Right now I still get emails from merchants at PJ that indicate that I'm affiliated with them, but I didn't sign up with anyone but Hayneedle. I liked PJ while I was making money there and had no problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    I must remember that the reason I joined them was because I wanted to keep with certain GSI merchants. Who then for the most part wouldn't let me in their programs.
    Ditto. I had merchants who left LS and went over to PJ. The approval process for PJ is rather long and painful - and the merchants I had on LS would not approve me on PJ.

Seems rather pointless?

:coffeetim

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by gamweb61 View Post
    Seems rather pointless?

"transparency" is a one-way view . . .

I just started promoting a few advertisers from Pepperjam about two months ago(Have had the account for years but never even used it).

I have a pretty good conversion rate on Pepperjam so far, but I only promote a few niche programs they have that fit my websites. All of the other programs on Pepperjam really don't fit the websites I run.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread