Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way

Around 5000 spams overnight to one domain. That's after setting up several new server filters before turning in. I've added about a dozen more filters so far this am which is stemming the flow for a few minutes but then they are just morphing. Many only have images in the body. Filters don't seem to be working all the time either.

Oh yeah....this is my main biz email account.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh yeah....this is my main biz email account. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Kellie, thats the worse part of it all. You can't just go through and delete them all because normally there are some important emails mixed in that you might need to read.

I ended up having to go and change the emails for all my business partners which took quite some time to do. Then had to set up something where my visitors could get in touch with me. Now for some reason, my personal mail is starting to get hit also which is only for family and friends. It is a PITA for sure. At least now I can just delete the whole bunch at a time in the spam email act.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Time to get a spamcop.net account for business Kellie.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Damn Mike, first time since I can remember I could actually read your whole post
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Kellie, if you can't stop this crap, I don't think anybody can. Maybe the parasites are waging war on you.

The really simple-minded spam filter I use is to place my email address on a GIF image that must be typed out manually - works like a charm.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ms.B when your rich and famous like Bill Gates you can hire a crew to filter your e-mail. News sources this week said $$$Bill get's over 4 million spams per day!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Do not post your email address on your site. The spammer can scan for it. Use an email form instead. It'll cut down on the spammers automatic email scanners.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Internet Cowboy
    Create an image file with your e-mail address on it.
    I did this some time back and spam is no longer an issue.

Forget all the tricks, they all have some drawback or another. The worst part is that it's too late - you've been spidered and distributed. Feels good doesn't it?

No wonder spammers get death threats...

Fred

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Yep Fred you hit the nail on the head. I've had that domain since the 90's and the horse has long left the corral. It's a matter of the amount of time and energy I spend managing the flow.

ABW Ambassador
    Why hasn't something like "Return to Sender" been developed. Let it bounce right back to them and Spam them with their own Spam LOL
    Cazzie

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread