JavaScript Code - Non Spiderable version
    I'm new to affiliate marketing. I am able to get the JavaScript Code - Non Spiderable version to load on my site but I am unable to get the PHP or ASP code to load properly. I am using the code in a WP site but wasn't able to get it to show up properly in an off the shelf website template either. Is there any thing else i need to do. My hosting site support PHP so it should work.

There are some hosts that offer PHP only for scripts that serve data from your own domain. ASP would only work if your host is a Windows server. A Wordpress site would need a plugin to use the PHP snippets but before you bother with that, see if you can put the php code in a plain html page on that domain and have it work. Some hosts do not permit remote calls by scripts, and you may need to alter your .htaccess file to even show it in a html page.

Only the java, non- spiderable code works. I tried the others and they didn't work.

Yes. ASP cannot work if your host is not a Windows server.

You need a plugin to run PHP in Wordpress.

Before you bother with a plugin make sure that your host supports remote PHP scripts.

And it's not java, its javascript. There is a big difference.

...and sometimes the javascript version is the way to go. Then you don't have any worries about "duplicate content" - but you do need to create original narrative on your pages to make them "different" from everyone else - and adds value for the reader who does stop by for a visit. But, that's the way successful sites work.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

this may be relevant. I took the risk and made the change at the server level -- you may have to talk to your host:

JustHost Web Hosting, PHP, & GoldenCan - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Hi 2busy,

I checked with my host and they don't support remote PHP scripts. What is a good host that does?

Thanks you

Lots of people here recommend Hostgator as a good host for getting started, they have plans under $5 a month. You can take a look at discussions about hosts here: Domains & Hosting - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by westcoastnative View Post
    Hi 2busy,

I checked with my host and they don't support remote PHP scripts. What is a good host that does?

Thanks you
    would you like to try the curl version? I have some code around here someplace you could try. works similar to what you find at goldencan. might be a good workaround.

later edited: posted this without checking to see if your problem was with the goldencan php usage. I don't know any other use for this.
    Last edited by Herb ԿԬ; April 6th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread