Success using Golden Can
    I am new to using Golden Can. I would like to hear some feedback Good or Bad in using this software for your affiliate sites. Also, what methods do you use to draw buyers to your site.

I desperately want GoldenCan to get better. It has good uses, but overall, I think it needs to have a better presentation/design and better results from the search feature.

I have a good domain name for a general shopping site, but it is not being used because I am having trouble finding a good shopping technology to base a site on.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

The results from search are limited by the textual content of merchant's feeds. Probably the only thing Goldencan could do to improve search results would be to find a way to serve singular and plural terms together.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastnative View Post
    I am new to using Golden Can. I would like to hear some feedback Good or Bad in using this software for your affiliate sites. Also, what methods do you use to draw buyers to your site.
    i have asked questions like this on Forums, and never get a "success story".

All the success stories have happened with customized scripts.
    Last edited by zawadi70; May 18th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.

I never made any money using GoldenCan.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I've used GC a little here and there on a few sites with mixed success, but I have had one niche site active for about three years that is built primarily with a single merchant using GC and it has done pretty well, especially during certain seasonal periods. But I do not use any GC search functions, only specific product displays using their sub-category and by brand features.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    I've used GC a little here and there on a few sites with mixed success, but I have had one niche site active for about three years that is built primarily with a single merchant using GC and it has done pretty well, especially during certain seasonal periods. But I do not use any GC search functions, only specific product displays using their sub-category and by brand features.
    I have had similar experiences. I've got one merchant on one particular site that has few sales - but they are big ticket sales, $300 or more - and they are all GC. I'm lovin' it.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I don't have any sites based entirely on GC, but like AffiliateHound and Bill I use it for specific products or sub cats and do well with it. Granted its not the prettiest presentation but with a little work it's fine.

I built an entirely GC site in 2007. I do very little to maintain it and it still brings in a small amount of earnings. Their system can work good(ish) if you accept what you're given and work with it. Focus on navigation and work with the best size images for which merchants you're working with.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread