Why no sales?
    Hi, I started my affiliate website coming up for a year ago now with the sole purpose of making commission on sales of wall stickers, I finally got to the top of first page of Google SERPs with the key word - art stickers - a few weeks back and used Google ad words for other key words , I managed to generate up to 50 visit’s a day but am not getting any sales? I wondered If People didn’t trust clicking on an item and then being taken to another page (merchant), So I have made it clear on my main page that this is an affiliate website representing the merchant to put people at ease, but still no sales (apart from 4 over the course of the year!) .
    I would be grateful for any good advice as to what I can do to boost sales, I would be willing to repay the favour in some way, like advertise your site or give you a one way link, whatever I can if you contact me through my site.
    I have added ad sense now and a blog just to try and make some revenue from the site, I also heard about pay per play ads, but can’t find anything concrete that assures it’s not a scam and that people have been paid.

much obliged Mark
    Moderator Note: Do not link to your site, it is again the Rules
    Last edited by 2busy; April 5th, 2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Removed links to affiliate site

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Four sales is not no sales.

Just now getting ranked in the SERPs is a totally different time frame. Since you made changes to your SEO you now would have to say "it's been a few weeks and no sales".

Each time you make changes to your website's content or to your marketing efforts, you need to pause and start judging results from that change. As the link to your site was removed it is difficult to give you an answer.

Consider asking for a review of your site:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Don't forget to review your merchant(s) you are promoting. The network(s) themselves can be an issue, as well...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

yeah its been approx. 4 weeks since my last sale, my website is vinylartforwalls.co.uk, thanks for taking the time.

My key question: What value or benefit have you added for consumers? Apart from SEO text-optimization, I don't see any value-added in your site. If someone is looking for "wall art stickers," how well are they served by your site?

I viewed your site's home page, and despite being "put off" by the (unprofessional) Google AdWords block, I still scrolled down and saw a nice image of some wall-art stickers with frogs.

I clicked on the frog-art image, and was dropped onto another page on your site which doesn't show any wall-art stickers with frogs; instead, I saw some other product images, with the navigation instruction that I should click on one of these images (remember, I've already clicked on the image of the product I was interested in, but you sent me to a page where that product isn't included, with no direct way to get where YOU want me to go).

Apparently you link only to AllPosters (UK), and no other merchants. (Hopefully, you are aware that there are hundreds of thousands of other web sites promoting AllPosters' products. And hopefully you're also aware that AllPosters' checkout process includes a "coupon prompt" which will send many consumers away to search for a coupon code, which they'll find on another affiliate's site, from which they'll click back to AllPosters with that affiliate's ID replacing yours. And what happens (to your advertising fees) if the consumer, after viewing Allposters.co.uk, returns the next day to allposters.com and completes their order there?)

When I clicked on a different image to get to the AllPosters UK site, I had to manually search for the product I'd first seen and clicked on.

When I eventually found the same wall-art stickers with frogs at the AllPosters UK site, I found a terse product description ("Wall decals are made of paper and backed with low tack adhesive allowing ease of repositioning decals without damaging paint. Includes 2 sheets of decals."). I'm really not sure whether each sheet includes a single decal with multiple images, or multiple decals. Without any specification of the materials, I have little confidence in the promise of "ease of repositioning" and that claim leads me to notice that there's no hint about what will happen if I try to remove the stickers after a year or two; there's no info about using the product over different types of paint, wallpaper, wood, drywall, or stucco.

The only product image shows the actual product (the wall-art sticker) as a 220x188 section within a larger image -- and 220x188 is a very different aspect ratio (1.17:1) than is reflected by the 25x36 size specified for the product (1.44:1).

I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable ordering this product without more information.
    Last edited by markwelch; April 5th, 2011 at 08:45 PM.

6. Thanks From:

You need to create redirects for all your affiliate links. This will make your affiliate links look friendlier and more appealing to click on. Thus will help increase your click-through rate and your sales.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread