Is this possible with wordpress?
    Hello everyone,
    My name is George and I am currently working on my WordPress project called Languatica.

At the moment, I am working on Alumni page where I am adding photos and comments of past participants. I wanted to know if there is a plugin where I can upload photos and info which is later generated in an organized content.

For example, at the moment I am simply adding info and photos just like regular posts. The end result is: all photos come in different size and the text is all over the place. Take a look at languatica.com/alumni/ and you will see what I mean.

I am looking for something that will let me organize all this better or even allow me to create a database which could be accessed by me or others (I am kind of dreaming about the second choice)

I appreciate your help!

Regards,
    George
    Last edited by 2busy; April 6th, 2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Removed Link - please do not post links to your site, it is against the Rules.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    it looks like one post not multiple posts. Wordpress doesn't resize your photos because there is no way for them to know what size you need and well some photos are wider and some are taller.

You could make a testimonial category and separate posts for each or just use some formatting like divs with style (you know html) to make it nice.

Affiliate Manager OutdoorPlayToys's Avatar
    I am not aware of any plugin that will do this for you. Best thing to do is just resize and crop the images to the size you want them to be before you upload them to the post and use html in the text editor to create the layout.

You can crop your images online at Aviary.com (free) as well as other image adjustments. They have more awesome audio and video tools as well.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

In Wordpress, if you add the photo using the add media button, you can select a size and how the text wraps around the image.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]Marie Sanders[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL="http://mariesandersonline.com"]htttp://www.mariesandersonline.com[/URL]

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Have you looked at the NextGen plugin and all the plug-ins made to go with it? I'm just now exploring its' capabilities, but it's pretty useful for what I was doing.

I needed to upload 20 images and then make them linkable to a page where I could use the same image in a different size..blah, blah, blah... It was pretty easy with NextGen although it didn't work the first day I had it. there was a wordpress upgrade and a nextgen upgrade that must have bumped into each other. I deleted the plug-in and reloaded it and everything was ok.

Judi hit it right on the head. NextGen Gallery sounds like a good organizational media plugin for you. Just go to Plugins>Add new Plugin>Popular Plugins. It will be right there on the list, you can create separate galleries and add them all to one page or whatever you like.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread