Using an in-house program: affiliates?
    I have a plus size clothing website and i am trying to get affiliates i would like to know if any one is going to sign up if i use my sites built in affiliate system?

Whats the normal percentage paid in this category?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You need to research what to pay, its part of being an affiliate manager. The answer to is anyone going to sign-up, probably not unless you have a brand they are looking for. If you are un-branded then your recruitment emails will look like spam. Affiliate work with networks they trust and in-house programs are a hard sell. A Shareasale launch is minimal and if your company is too cheap for that then there you go.

Industry standard
    I would advise you to do an industry stanard study. Put together an excel and list what your competitors are doing, then take averages amd use this as a start. You can always finetune after that buy listening to and working with your affiliates.

Best of luck!!

CPA Network Rep
    Chuck, why do you think Publishers are so afraid of in-house programs - especially if the payout can be higher and you have more control of the program? It seems large networks can swallow some affiliates making them abide by their terms.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Lack of reputation and they have long standing relationships with networks. Many affiliates have been burned by in-house programs but I will let them speak for their selves.

I work with two in-house programs, one is a Nationally known brand, the other a teeny niche site that offers a product I can't find elsewhere. I was sending them traffic for awhile before they started an affiliate program. That was many years ago when I had my own business and was only a part time affiliate. I would never join an unknown in-house program today but that has more to do with "unknown" than "in-house".

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread