Hi! I need some advices...
    Hi! It's nice to join AbestWeb...
    I am still a newbie, and I need a lot of advices..
    Please give me some advice related to affiliate marketing....especially about driving traffic to our website.. Thanks!

Traffic is driven by finding useful content on your site. If there is nothing there that people might tell their friends to visit, the search engines probably will not be pushing your site to the top. Articles, lists, pictures, interesting information will bring traffic.

You can buy traffic but bought traffic is not very likely to convert, usually a waste of money. You can advertise your site with AdWords, but again, if it isn't a good site you will pay a lot for each click. There is no way to magically drive useful traffic to a site. It takes work and time.

According to you... what is the best way to drive traffic?

Patience and content IMHO. Many others have their own opinion and I'm sure they'll let you know.

BTW -This thread will be moved to the appropriate forum
    Last edited by 2busy; April 9th, 2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Need to move this Thread

Another question, how to promote our website well?

Content content content, but make sure it is relevant so that you can put together good internal linking. Google loves this as the bots have to work less time surveying your site, this gives you efficiency points and will boost your organic search engine rankings.

Is your site up yet? I sure would like to take a look at it

Thanks! So, I must write good content.. hmmmm
    My website is already up.......and it still need a lot of improvement..

Well when you ready, let us know and I am sure that most of us would be happy to critique your site....

The Site Review forum is here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146 if you should decide to request a review. That is the only place you can post your site on ABW, it is a good place to check out to see what others are doing, and what kind of feedback they got at the time.

Thanks for the info!

Please visit http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143637
    and please give a comment about my site. Thanks!

Although this is an old thread, the question is a common one for new websites. The following may be helpful.

You will have to ask yourself some questions. The answers to the questions will help you to decide what is best for you. Every site is different.

Where do you want your traffic to come from? Google? Youtube.com? Email messages? Affiliates?

Do you want to advertise for traffic, or do you want free traffic?

What can you provide that will be interesting or valuable to visitors? What techniques do you have to keep them returning?

Create a business plan for your website. You can always adjust your plan in the future, but it is important to understand your intentions. Your business plan will guide your actions.
    Last edited by Shoe-Shopping-Spree; June 5th, 2011 at 11:44 AM.

Have a plan, but don't spend time writing a business plan. This business is too unknown for anyone to create an actual business plan that will last. Wasted time in my opinion.

Start creating lots of sites as soon as possible. Test everythig and watch your stats to see what traffic does and where it comes from. Sometimes you will find one or two sources of traffic that outperform all the other sources of traffic.

Sometimes you may think you have the perfect business plan, but it flops. Not everything on the web makes sense. The best you can do is start immediately so you can get a ton of experience testing numerous ideas to see what works.

This business is based far more on testing than plannning.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread