problem with my Oldest blog....Need help from the Expert.
    hi guys,
    i am interested to learn SEO in detail. i know something but i want to be an expert in this field. can any one exactly answer my question or solve my problem?

i have a blogger blog. its almost 3 years old. i didn't know anything when i started the blog. i copied texts from other sites, paste other articles, pictures everything. after a few week i got a good amount of visitors. like 100-300 per day. i was totally amazed. i don't know why. but the adsense income was like weekly 1$ or below that.
    so i stopped working with that. but now i think i should start that blog again. i have more than 500 articles in the site. and 80% of them is copied form other sites .
    so i want to know is there anyone who can help me to say where to start from?
    i mean step by step suggestion of SEO??????? i will be grateful ever if any of you help me in this case.
    NB: i recently saw that now i get arount 250 visitors per day. no PR, total visitors 66000.

i copied texts from other sites, paste other articles, pictures everything... i have more than 500 articles in the site. and 80% of them is copied form other sites
    You should start by deleting everything you copied from others.. and have you licensed those pictures..?

A blog is supposed to be articles you write yourself, unless you have obtained permission to reproduce text from others. But it doesn't sound like that is the case.

If your blog doesn't contain original content, I can see why your Adsense revenue would be low.. you will find lots of resources if you search for SEO, but you would be better off trying to create your own blog with your own niche.

3. Thanks From:

This is unbelievable! You admit to stealing content, plagiarism, and copyright infringement - of both words and images.
    ...i copied texts from other sites, paste other articles, pictures everything... ...i have more than 500 articles in the site. and 80% of them is copied form other sites...
    And then you expect us to help improve your search engine rank? I'm sorry, but with that type of unethical behavior I doubt you'll find much help here. You need to go find a "black hat" forum.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

5. Thanks From:

SEO is the practice of doing things the right way from using correct code to accessibility measures such as using summary and alt tags correctly. SEO cannot fool the search engines though and they know that the content you have is not original. There isn't a lot you can do to make it appear to be something that it is not. I would take teezone's suggestion of removing the stolen content, ideally replacing them with your own articles. Replace stolen images with images that you have a right to use. I would bet that you would see improvements in your ranking just by doing that.

A lot of newbies don't realize the problems they can cause themselves when they take images without permission, but reputable hosts will take your site down for a valid complaint and that would be worse than poor rankings. Merchants and networks can refuse to work with you when there are DMCA complaints against your site and you may already be in violation of TOS that you agreed to (including Blogger's).

There are 'renegade' hosts who don't care about these things but over time the word gets out and those hosts get blacklisted and blocked from a lot of online services. The online world is sort of like the wild west in some respects but sooner or later the sheriff rides in and takes them out.

7. Thanks From:

@ bill.... sir for sure i know that. and datz why i stopped working with that site .
    i am also not interested in black hat. it was a interior decoration site. i thought that my site and account will be banned soon so why waste time? then i moved to others. but after a long time when i see that my site is still ok then i decided to re establish it.

@ Teezone and 2 busy.

if i rewrite the articles and make them copy escape free would it be ok? in case of images how can i get permission to re use it plz suggest. can i use the royalty free images from flicker? if you suggest me and guide me then i can start working with that site.
    yes i have violated the TOS of the adsense and also Blogger. so what should be my next step?
    plz suggest @ bill , @ busy and teezone
    thanks

What is writing? It is putting your thoughts into words. If you learned some good information on another site, instead of copying the article, take what you have learned and put it in your own words, tell your readers about things that you have read. Some sites do allow copying, sites like ezinearticles are full of stuff you are invited to copy and paste, but then you need to link out. To help your site's SEO try to write articles that other sites want to link to. Start undoing the damage to your site by spending the time to make it your own work.

thanks for your advice mam. ok i will start working on the site soon.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread