Building a store
    Does anyone know the name of the program that offer free services to down load and build a store to website. I saw it 4/9.

Maybe you saw one of the services that provides code to put a store on your site like GoldenCan or PopShops? That is the nearest I can get to what you might have seen here, but it is not exactly a download as much as a copy and paste code.

i can only say you about the PopShops. and also some similar plugins in wordpress. but never heard about something which offers free service to download. etc.

It may have been a very old post. Years ago there were a few programs that offered a datafeed client download for their affiliates, but those are gone now. Maybe you read about AvantLink affiliate network, they do offer tools to help you put a store on your site. It is free to join but you'll need to know html and css to customize it. They are a good network, especially if your site involves sports and outdoor activities, but they are adding new merchants all the time and have a decent variety to work with. They have a forum here at ABW.

search engine ranking of website
    there are a lot of webs in the engines. How do search engines rank websites by wording, design, appearance or what?

first sale
    If Only, I can make my first sale, I'll feel so wonderful, especially after having a website for almost 3mo with no sales.
    Last edited by Florine Wilson; April 11th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

How do search engines rank websites by wording, design, appearance or what?
    Appearance has nothing to do with it. Content, that is original and unique to your site, refreshed regularly, coherence ( site is focused on a topic), neighborhood (other people link to your content and you link to relevant sites' content) and other secret ingredients. We want our sites to look nice to impress visitors that it is a professional and trustworthy place, but search engines don't care very much what a site looks like. There are some very successful ugly sites around.

BTW, it is not unusual to take 3 months just figuring out what works, and what does not. Now, if you are getting good traffic and not making money then it may be hard to figure out why, but until you manage to have traffic, there will be no sales.

You can't have good targeted traffic after only three months. Simply impossible!

I think I spotted the Free Downloadable Store you mentioned. I just saw a banner here for Buy.at Affiliate Network, that's who's offering the stores.

How are you marketing? Are you a social media participant, speaking at events, commenting on complementary blogs, participating in joint ventures, etc.?

These are some efforts that build your know/like/trust factor which ultimately get you that first web store sale (when it's up and running) and many more sales after that.

Shirley

ABW Ambassador
    Don't bother with stores unless you have a lot of targeted traffic from type in. If you have high seo then don't expect it to last long once you put clone stores up with little content.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread