What is the affiliate tool you cannot live without?
    What is your favourite affiliate software tool? The one you could not live without? The one you would pick if you were to keep only one and throw away the rest?

WordPress.
    Generate more fake news.

Notepad++ (Windows) TextWrangler (Mac)

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, can't choose just one...

Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Colorschemer, any analytics tool,...

(I like notepad too)
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

Surely this thread could be merged with one of the earlier discussion threads asking the same exact question?

<sarcasm>Mark, you're assuming newbies and even not-so-newbies who come here give a fraction of a second attention to the idea of searching for already posted information.</sarcasm>

Yeah, I agree. This is one of those perpetual questions people ask, and ask, and ask ... but nobody every thinks to search the forum for similar/identical threads first.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Sometimes searching for older information isn't the best idea. When it comes to software, things change. In basics not so much but there may be some new indispensable software out there and we don't need folks asking where they can get FrontPage.

Wordpress with the right plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Sometimes searching for older information isn't the best idea. When it comes to software, things change. In basics not so much but there may be some new indispensable software out there and we don't need folks asking where they can get FrontPage.
    Excellent point, 2busy.

Perhaps my sarcasm meter needs to be dialed back a notch from time to time.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I am a newbie at this forum. Correct. Defense: everyone was.

Before posting my question, I did NOT go through all 16,565 threads in the Midnight Cafe' Forum, I admit. Maybe I should have.

Anyway, the point of my question was not to find out what is the best tool so that I can take it and use it. I can google this type of information easily. My point was not to make anyone upset about that neither

My question was "What software tool would you pick if you were to throw away all but one." A hypothetical scenario that was supposed to start a discussion among experienced affiliates. Curious question of a curious person trying to know the members here a little bit more.

My opinion: I can imagine doing affiliate marketing only with notepad++, even though that would require a lot of time spent on PHP scripting and at least an elementary knowledge of programming basics. It would be fun, though, and it would be more challenging. Someone may prefer to stick with WordPress and avoid this hassle. Someone else may prefer some sort of analytics tools, I don't know. Maybe there is not a single tool that would be sufficient for this type of work. As I said, I am an AN (= Affiliate Newbie).

I didn't inted to cause any kind of hostility here, and I apologize to all of you whom I made upset Please, feel free to move this thread to a different place or remove it completely

I wouldn't get upset about some of the responses... you didn't do anything wrong. As 2busy mentioned sometimes topics need to be updated, since technology changes so quickly.

I answered wordpress because there are all sorts of plugins and themes to add functionality. You can also add google analytics to your code to keep track of your traffic.

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    I wouldn't get upset about some of the responses... you didn't do anything wrong. As 2busy mentioned sometimes topics need to be updated, since technology changes so quickly.
    I am not upset and I hope my previous post didn't make that impression

Thanks for your opinion kaizen, I guess WordPress is going to be a frequent pick.
    Last edited by RCS; April 11th, 2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Corrected quotation

word press and notepad.........

The reason I would go for Wordpress is because of the excellent free themes available, and before I get beaten down by claims that free themes come with inherent problems, I am speaking for us new starters with only a few pennies to spend.

My current choice of theme is "Flexibility"

Regards

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I can't imagine only being able to use one - so I thought back and the first 'tool' I used was a WYSIWYG editor.

Based on that, today I would have to say EditPad Pro.
    Last edited by Convergence; May 9th, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    thread merger... for Mark.

wordpress is a great affiliate marketing tool and a flexible content management platform especially for a wordpress site like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    but nobody every thinks to search the forum for similar/identical threads first
    The "Search ABestWeb" box does not find the answers I want. (Or perhaps I need more experience.)

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobe96 View Post
    The "Search ABestWeb" box does not find the answers I want. (Or perhaps I need more experience.)
    What are you looking for in particular as the search facility has never failed me.

Regards

The best affiliate tools
    I have no idea how come WordPress is considered as an affiliate tool for some! WordPress is CMS system that dose nothing alone but publishing! So I would love to correct that, WordPress plus the right plugins could be the best affiliate tool ever!

- Tools / Plugins that I can not live without is MaxBlogPress Ninja Affiliate plugin for WordPress! It's how I manage all my aff links from one panel on the site!

Maybe some other helpfulModerator Note: Removed linkthemes that provide product sales pages, membership sites creation, and auto responder opt-in forms integration for internet marketers who are looking for the highest conversion!

Moderator Note: Go Read the Rules, before it's too late
    Last edited by 2busy; May 11th, 2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: removed spammy link

The best and most important affiliate tool is the brain

23. Thanks From:

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread