GNC - Are you kidding me?
    WTF GNC, you guys are going to get my vote for worst affiliate program 2012. Just got this message:
    Tomorrow, April 12th, GNC will be having a 4 Hour Sale from 11:00am to 3:00pm EST. DURING THIS SALE ALL AFFILIATE CODES WILL BE TURNED OFF. The codes will be active again once the 4 Hour Sale ends at 3:00pm EST. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. You can promote the 4 Hour Sale using the link below.
    So, for 4 hours, we are not going to credit sales, but here is a link you can use to promote this 4 hour sale window?

Hey GSI Commerce, what in the heck are you guys doing? I've seen Toys R Us pull stuff like this as well. Why would you ever think this was a proper way to do business?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

15 years and counting
    Nice One!!!
    What are they thinking?

What are they thinking?
    affiliates=free AdWords

Unbelievable. Thanks for outing them. Grrrrrrrr

15 years and counting
    Just thinking out loud.
    If a sale is a good reason to turn off tracking, what are the other reasons to switch off affiliate code?
    They make it so easy, and normal. They must have been doing it quite a few times.
    Crooks!!!
    It's a shame!!! GSI Commerce, PepperJam, eBay...

Unfortunately, they pull that kind of crap - simply because they can get away with it and they care very little about their affiliates. So, how many affiliates will they lose? Probably very, very few.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

They may not lose current affiliates, but I will never sign up with them after reading this thread...

Just a thought - do they mean affiliate cookies will be turned off, or affiliate coupon codes..? I find it hard to believe they would not pay commissionable sales for 4 hours just because of a sale (but disabling discount codes, I understand).
    Last edited by teezone; April 11th, 2011 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Just a thought - do they mean affiliate cookies will be turned off, or affiliate coupon codes..? I find it hard to believe they would not pay commissionable sales for 4 hours just because of a sale (but disabling discount codes, I understand).
    That's a good question and now that I have re-read the e-mail, I think you may be right. At least I hope you are right.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

15 years and counting
    It's confusing at least. What do they mean by Affiliate Code? Is it the tracking code or a coupon code?
    They have no idea of what they are talking about. If the discount offered by the sale is more important than the affiliate coupon code, why do they have to "apologize for any inconveniences this may cause."

It's happening everyday with other merchants.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I think they are disabling affiliate coupon codes... at least I hope so. If not - shame on these guys - how ridiculous.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Everyone,

To clarify, affiliates will be compensated for sales they drive during that time frame. However, any exclusive promo codes they have been assigned or any coupon codes that are available will be deactivated for the 4-hour sale.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!
    Michelle

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread