Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What you're missing
    After quite a few voices raised to ask that PopShops address some issues with their service (see Wonders If Pop Shops Ever Plans To Get Serious About Customer Service? - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum) and not seeing positive change, I thought it might be time to remind them again that it would not take more than a few minutes to make this information available to their customers who for whatever reason don't get the updates from Facebook.

I had to jump into Facebook today over a family situation and I see the following notices for PopShops:

SAS merchants now Closed -

FreshTopiary - OLD feed

Mario Badescu Skin Care - OLD feed

The Gag - OLD feed

OrderInkDirect (SAS) No longer active on Network - CLOSED

Shag Tools (SAS) is CLOSED. Offline in SAS.

If you are using CSN Just Filing Cabinets and/or CSN EverySafe.com - Please note that they will be combining with CSN Office on April 18th. Only use CSN office when adding new products. This is a continuation of consolidation that CSN stores started in the fall.
    -----

Pepperjam merchant no longer available and Closed on PopShops:

Best Priced Furniture - CLOSED

Gilden Tree - CLOSED

PottingBenches -CLOSED

-----

My Nursing Uniforms (GAN) on Hold. Broken images and links landing on home page.

-----

BulbAmerica.com (CJ) is CLOSED.

GoVacuum.com (CJ) has been disabled as it is a duplicate feed for GoVacuum (CJ). Please use Govacuum as it is the current feed.

eMusic.com (CJ) On HOLD due to no pricing in feed.

Musician's Hut (CJ) is CLOSED

House of Brides (CJ) CLOSED

House of Brides (CJ) has been reactivated and is now live again in PopShops!

C28 (CJ) is CLOSED, deactivated in CJ.

Secondipity (CJ) had two feeds live in PopShops. Secondipity.com (CJ) was a dated feed and has been disabled. The current feed is listed as:Secondipity

Kodak Gallery (CJ) is now a deals only merchant. Product links all landing on their home page.

We are happy to report that Overstock.com's feed has stabilized.
    Overstock.com (CJ) is live again in PopShops!

-----

Physical Addictions, Inc. (LS) is CLOSED, no longer available on LS.

Lighting By Gregory (LS) the product feed has been disabled due to feed issues. Live in PopShops for deals/coupons.

PhotoWorks (LS) is CLOSED, no longer active in the network.

PalmBeachJewelry.com -LinkShare - ON HOLD

Gaiam (LS) is now a deals/coupons only merchant due to product feed issues.

MyJean M (LS) is CLOSED - no longer with LinkShare

Ed Hardy LinkShare is ON HOLD. It has multiple broken images and product links landing on time out error pages.

JewelryWeb.com LS is ON HOLD. It has multiple feed issues - out of stock items and prices not matching in feed and on product page.

iWin (LS) product offers are being placed on HOLD. Links go to immediate download instead of product page.
    Note that CLOSED does not necessarily mean that the Merchant's program is closed or offline, but that PopShops has closed their service because they have an old feed. These were not all posted today, but they are all from this past week.

Talk about customer disconnect.

2. Thanks From:
    kse

Hi 2busy,

First I sincerely hope that your family is okay.

I appreciate that you want improvement in communication from PopShops regarding merchants’ status. I would like to invite you to email me directly at merchants@popshops.com. I am open to hearing your ideas and will present them to the tech team.

For the moment I am posting all status updates on Facebook.

Best regards,

Michelle
    Last edited by MichelleG; April 11th, 2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: clarifying meaning

Michelle, I have no really good ideas for customer communications, other than an email to your customers on a regular basis -- of the information you would be pasting on facebook.

I know I have an email address on file with PopShops, indeed that's how I log into the system.

Is it not possible to send the same info you'd post on facebook to a list of your customers' email addresses??

Not high-tech, I guess, and not social network. But a pretty useful email for many of us.

Or is something like this already being done and I simply missed getting on some email list?

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

5. Thanks From:

Quite a simple thing, people are paying for a service and trusting you to deliver it. Rather than turning stores off without a word to people who think that they have a shop set up, notify customers before taking an action so that they have an alternative to empty pages.

None of these merchants are on my pages, but they easily could be. I would be better off with static pages than dynamically empty ones. If PopShops can't figure a way to communicate with their customers before removing merchants, it is not nearly as useful as I had thought. Offer people options as to how to notify. I have a Facebook account but am not there every day, definitely do not depend on it as a vehicle for business information.

These issues were brought up before in the previous thread without effecting any changes. The same merchants whose programs have been closed because of an "old" datafeed may not have updated because they have stable prices and inventory. Perhaps unlikely, but not impossible. To me is is like a host removing pages from my site because I haven't made any changes to that page for awhile. Do these merchants know their program is no longer available in PopShops when they get removed - or are they to assign an employee to monitor Facebook also? It is just not good business practices and affects the trust that affiliates place in your service.

7. Thanks From:

Hi Gary..

I appreciate your thoughtful suggestion. Thanks!

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    Michelle, I have no really good ideas for customer communications, other than an email to your customers on a regular basis -- of the information you would be pasting on facebook.

I know I have an email address on file with PopShops, indeed that's how I log into the system.

Is it not possible to send the same info you'd post on facebook to a list of your customers' email addresses??

Not high-tech, I guess, and not social network. But a pretty useful email for many of us.

Or is something like this already being done and I simply missed getting on some email list?

Gary

I've got agree with 2busy all the way on this one...

The "social media" aspect should be an "add-on" - Facebook is NOT for professional business transactions.

I, along with thousands of other people*, are, paying for a professional service. I expect to receive communications in a professional manner. In addition, ABW is a professional forum - if something can be pasted onto a Facebook post it can certainly be pasted here as well.

* Possibly what I said can be rationalized as the root cause of PopShops' lack of communication. I, along with a "few" other people, were among initial supporters of the service - but now that there are "thousands" maybe, just maybe, a few individuals no longer count for much.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

10. Thanks From:

I agree Michelle, I would rather get dozens of throw away emails than to have a situation where I would not know a merchant was no longer 'live'. Maybe others have a different preference, but that would work for me. Thank you.

I do think that the best way would be to have choices in your account about ways to get notices. I'm fine with email, others may not be, and not knowing the options leaves nothing being done.
    Last edited by 2busy; April 11th, 2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Asking for choices.

Hi 2busy,

The OLD data feeds are disabled because the feed is old and no longer being updated, this means the links are leading to an error page, the home page, and often have no images. It is not simply due to the feed status being old. There are many variables that come into play, however when a merchant has a significant feed issue, it will be placed either on hold or closed in PopShops. We do contact the merchants when we find an issue in their feed. If an issue is significant, say for example all product links leading to a 404 error page, I do disable the merchant and then contact them. For Broken images, product links landing on home pages, etc, I contact them to see if a fix in is progress. Then depending on if/when I hear back from the I either wait or place the feed on HOLD. There are many merchants that have been able to fix their feeds without being placed on HOLD in PopShops.

I hope this clarifies the process.

For those who have a facebook account and would like to use the RSS feed for updates that are posted on Facebook, here is the link:

feed://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=atom10&id=209103249191

This will send an alert each time a post is made on PopShops Facebook page.

Best,

Michelle
    Last edited by MichelleG; April 11th, 2011 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG View Post
    For those who have a facebook account and would like to use the RSS feed for updates that are posted on Facebook, here is the link:

feed://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=atom10&id=209103249191

This will send an alert each time a post is made on PopShops Facebook page.

Best,

Michelle
    Michelle, you are absolutely not listening or not caring. I REFUSE TO USE FACEBOOK FOR SERIOUS BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS. I REFUSE TO PULL INFORMATION THAT SHOULD BE PUSHED. This information is critical to the running of my business and if PopShops can't find a way to provide me with that data in an acceptable manner, then I have no problem replacing Popshops!

Many of us here have supported Popshops since it's inception and it seems ludicrous that PopShops would abandon it's LOYAL customer base in the pursuit of artificially inflated popularity. No one really cares how many "Likes" you've got, this is business. Again, would ya rather look good or be good.

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; April 11th, 2011 at 09:25 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

The merchants are not the ones paying you and they get clear communications, but your customers do not. Your process of dealing with feed problems sounds like a well managed process, I just believe that your customers only want the same courtesy and I don't think there would be complaints here. We are left with Facebook to try to keep up with our business, that just isn't right.

The reason the processes to contact the merchants is in place is to keep active and viable merchants available for our customers until it is proven that the feed is not viable.

For notice of merchant changes please subscribe to the RSS feed that is provided above you will get the information as it happens.

Best,

Michelle
    Last edited by MichelleG; April 11th, 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Now I remember why I dropped PopShops a few months ago.

18. Thanks From:

Michelle,

You're not listening to what your affiliates are saying.

They do not want to go to Facebook for information about the merchants you have. They want the information posted here at ABW.

What is it about that that you do not understand???

You are totally ignoring what your customers want. That means you are going to start losing customers and before too long you will not have any.

Apparently you don't care what they want or you would start posting merchant information at ABW like they want you to.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

20. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by beachcom View Post
    Now I remember why I dropped PopShops a few months ago.
    I used to have them and dropped them too.

There are other solutions out there that are easier to use than they are that has excellent support. You can e-mail the owner with a question and you will have an answer in less than 10 minutes and if you still have problems the owner will write a customized script for you - free.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; April 12th, 2011 at 07:01 AM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Affiliate Manager OutdoorPlayToys's Avatar
    This is a scary thing to see for a new merchant that planned on using them.......

"la la la we can't hear you", is not what folks want to hear from customer service.

24. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    "la la la we can't hear you", is not what folks want to hear from customer service.
    When anyone can actually get 2busy ticked off, you better watch out!
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I was thinking of using PopShops -seemed like a simple solution to keep datafeeds fresh. I've been following the ABW threads about PopShops issues lately - and assumed they were just having growing pains.

I was planning on waiting until they upgraded to faster severs/more servers. Now it sounds like it truly is a CUSTOMER SERVICE issue - not a technical one.

When a company stops listening to their paying customers - that is surely a sign of big trouble.

I am just a little fish in this big pond - but I am sure there are MANY people who were on the fence about PopShops who are reading this thread - and will certainly have made up their minds. I know I just have.

I'm no rocket scientist - but sending clients who opt to be emailed updates an update - should not be too difficult. There are a wide variety of email services out there for that very purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvchocolate View Post
    I was planning on waiting until they upgraded to faster severs/more servers. Now it sounds like it truly is a CUSTOMER SERVICE issue - not a technical one.
    Both are are a problem and its not growing pains its they way it is with them. I really regret signing up with them years ago. I just keep hoping someone buys them out and starts running it the way it should be. Great Idea but bad service!!
    Last edited by kse; April 12th, 2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added more.......
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

28. Thanks From:

I read the Popshops RSS feed right on my iPhone using xFeed (free) and have no problems with that. There are plenty of other feed readers too.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

This is a scary thing to see for a new merchant that planned on using them.......
    At least for merchants it is free and apparently they have a good process in place to see that merchants receive good service, it's the ones who pay them for the service that are being ignored. One more time, Facebook is not the way to communicate with your clients. If you want to offer updates via RSS at least offer the feed from your own site so that customers are not forced to use a third party service they do not want to use.

You have a number of customers here telling you the same thing. If nothing else, let these customers receive a summary of daily changes via email. So many businesses crying to get people to opt in to a newsletter and we don't have that option. Makes ya want to give up and knock on another door.

I read SAS's Online/Offline Notification feed via RSS every day, but I don't need a Facebook account to do so.

I rarely check into my feed reader, no more than once every week or so. Email, I check daily, several times. Email is the standard way business communications are handled. As 2busy said, at the very least, RSS feed should be available from PS site.
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

33. Thanks From:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast