CJ is terminating my account in 15 days
    I've been a member of CJ since about 2003, I'm a CJP. Without any network quality emails or emails from rep I get a notice from "Network Compliance" that CJ is terminating my account in 15 days. I do a lot of PPC marketing, and from time to time I get a Network Quality email saying to change this ad or take this ad down; I haven't gotten one in 4 or 5 months. I thought I would at least ask if anyone on here has had to go through this...

This is what I do for a living, I feel like I just got fired...

If you are a CJP you should have an account rep. Have you reached out to him/her?

Are you located in the US?

I am sorry to hear this and hope you get it straightened out.

Ya I did but the office is already closed, they sent me the term notice at 5:54 PM (PST) so probably not going to be a fun night. I already replied to Network Compliance and emailed/called my account rep

yeah, that does sound like a firing. If you are a CJP though, perhaps this is some sort of mistake.

you dont happen to live in an affiliate tax state, do you? please keep us posted on what happens. I wish you the best with this situation.

Hey Cowboysfan I am in Arizona, I know there was a bill pending. Would this have anything to do with it?

I doubt it. The bill isn't law there yet.
    I have never heard of a network terminating an affiliate cause of the affiliate tax....although with the affiliate tax laws passing in more states, i'm wondering if one day they will start.
    Are you still a CJP? the email just send it was from Network Compliance and you were being terminated?

Ya it looked liked a "canned" response stating...

"This communication shall serve as notice to you that Commission Junction is exercising its right to terminate the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement it has entered into with you in 15 days from the date of this notice."

I dug through my spam folder and looked on the mail tab of my CJ account to make sure I didn't have anything from Network Quality that I missed, and nothing just straight out of the blue.

You scare Me.

Any updates on this?

Sorry for the lack of updates on this, basically what happened is CJ Network Quality found 2 ads of mine (All of my affiliate stuff is PPC so I have 1000s of ads, with 10000's of keywords) that were direct linking to merchant. At the time the merchant never said they disallow direct linking but from the time I put up the ads till recently they changed their rules and Network Quality found them.

After talking with my CJ rep they backed it down from a termination to a final warning, basically if they find anything wrong with anymore of my ads I'll be terminated. I've already started moving as much over to other networks as I can because I can't risk them finding a minor thing wrong and getting term'd for it.

MaketheMoney,

I am a former CJ Performer as well who does PPC exclusively (I currently still have an account rep as a mid-tier publisher). Just curious, I noticed you mentioned that you have 1,000+ ads - do you still use Adwords, or have you abandoned them in favor of other networks/platforms (Bing, POF, Facebook, PPV, etc)?

And if you're still using G, how have you dealt with slapping/account banning issues?

thanks!

MO

Network
    There are so many Networks out there with thousands of offers. Clickbooth has over 4,000 if you can qualify.

Cj in my mind, is the top dog. You don't want to be banned by them!
    Last edited by ak1lz; July 20th, 2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: .

Network
    What is CJ exactly? Are you going to ASE?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by LaSCubana View Post
    What is CJ exactly? Are you going to ASE?
    One of the top affiliate networks -

CJ - Your Performance Marketing Partner

Clickbooth is one of the worst.

Also, to some of the other comments about being scared and feeling sorry it happened to this guy. If you just read past posts like this one - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/commi...tml#post759652

Expect to get zapped when you try to skirt the rules.
    Last edited by Trust; July 20th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread