The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Exclamation What do you sell?
    Below you will find a description of an affiliate program listed on sas. I see this type of thing alot. Is it too much to ask for for the description of the program to contain what type of items are for sale at the website. I can assure you, that you can't tell from the merchants name and there is nothing in the description explaining what they sell. There is however several sentences which should go without saying when its posted on SAS such as what an affiliate program is. Someone at SAS should tell these people, to describe what they do first, then maybe some terms that makes them special. We should already know 1) what an affiliate program is and 2) that they teamed up with SAS 3) SAS handles all the tracking.

I think a description of a program should always start with We are company name and we sell/promote these products/services.

AFFILIATE PROGRAM The Affiliate Program allows you to generate revenue from your website by placing banners, links or product listings on your website. When visitors click through from your site to .com and make a purchase, you receive a percentage of the sale. We sell and ship our items worldwide. Customers are charged in US Dollar. Major markets are US, Canada, Europe, Australia and Asia. We accept affiliates from every country. We have teamed up with Shareasale who will be handling all the traffic, sales tracking, and payment issues. PROGRAM BENEFITS REMINDER: 1. 8% commission rate with $150 average order size (commission rate is the SAME if coupons are used and is the SAME for returning customers) 2. 60 Day Tracking Cookie 3. Datafeed and banners constantly updated (customized banners upon request) 4. Free Shipping and Product Deals 5. PPC bidding(exclude trademark keywords) on any search engine allowed (with killer PPC keyword list upon request) 6. Dedicated Program Management 7. Constantly improve our website in order to increase conversion rate 8. We also work with fashion bloggers Looking forward to working with you.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

2. Thanks From:

Thanks for bringing this up, it's been bugging me for a while.
    I've sometimes found it challenging to find merchants that sell specific products. It seems like if the merchant doesn't have a specific term that I'm searching for in their description they won't come up in a search. Maybe SAS could add this point to their new merchant intro?

From an affiliate manager's perspective, this is certainly something where the manager/program needs to "cover the bases", so to speak.

From an affiliate's point of view, I like it when merchants have factors like this in place which discourage affiliates from signing up.... less competition for me
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post

From an affiliate's point of view, I like it when merchants have factors like this in place which discourage affiliates from signing up.... less competition for me
    yup

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    AFFILIATE PROGRAM The Affiliate Program allows you to generate revenue from your website by placing banners, links or product listings on your website. When visitors click through from your site to .com and make a purchase, you receive a percentage of the sale.
    I cringe when I see that and when the affiliate program landing page shows a model with a spray of cash. Might have been necessary 10 years ago and the affiliate that need are not the ones I want to join programs I manage.

Do the AM a favor and email them not to talk down to affiliates. The other one that bugs me is not having the trade mark in the keywords so you are not able to find them in the network, just dumb.

Tax Paying Member
    Come on fellows.........This gives you a perfect excuse for checking out the merchants web site.........
    You can find out what there products are and where they have the big 800 number displayed.

Look before signing up.

I have actually signed up because of their category or merchant name only to find that they have only one banner and no data feed.........therefore no makeapage..........this becomes immediate drop time.
    Last edited by Witzer; April 13th, 2011 at 12:48 AM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    Come on fellows.........This gives you a perfect excuse for checking out the merchants web site.........
    I agree with this, you should always check out the website / merchant you will be promoting. What happens if you found a merchant that pays out well, has all the niche products you want to promote, but the website turns out to be some craft paper, cut out, and glued together? I'm not sure what happens, but i'm sure you could use some imagination.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread