OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Is the US affiliate apocalypse upon us?
    Saw this on Econsultancy | Become a smarter digital marketer and thought worth discussing: Is the US affiliate apocalypse upon us?

At some point, it's possible that online retailers will look to ditch their U.S. affiliate programs altogether. Money spent on affiliate marketing can easily be funneled elsewhere, perhaps even producing greater results.

That looks like a link-bait article if I ever saw one.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

3. Thanks From:

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Apocalypse actually means a revelation. So maybe so.

Thanks Vinny, you should know being the Prince of Content. Thought it was a good summary on the subject with links to pertinent information. Just posted it to keep the conversation going.

Take note of the 3rd comment, wondered when that would happen:
    If you are an affiliate in the USA who is facing being cut off by online retailers there is a solution. I am based in the UK, and if you are interested I could help you out by acting on your behalf, i.e. receiving your commission under my name and UK address and the passing it back to you.

PS: I am an affiliate by myself using affiliate networks and receive many cheques monthly in US dollars as well, so I understand the whole procedure how to handle these issues.
    You are also welcome to come over to UK for a visit to discuss this matter personally.

Regards

Jan

Chuck I didn't have a problem with you posting the link, I enjoyed reading about the demise of affiliate marketing. My problem is the lack of credibility I give that website for posting such garbage and using the word Apocalypse like the sky is falling.

The sensationalism just kills me. Should I be stocking up on bottled water and canned food now. Here in NY we went through it first and not much sleep was lost, being smart marketers we just changed up how we worked and who we worked with.

I think we were due for a Henny-Penny the sky is falling type of post that we get once a year and that's exactly what it is.

The comment you are referring to is expected and I am surprised people are not doing that already.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

The comment you are referring to is expected and I am surprised people are not doing that already.
    I'm getting ready to open my new Affiliate Account Management Service. US based, no exchange fees.

After having defend affiliates for years as an AM/OPM I have always felt affiliate marketing would be under attack. The tax nexus is the perfect storm because at its core its ridiculous but affiliates are independent marketers so easy to pray on. I have to ask the question, which is more important to the nation, creating jobs and thus personal income or collecting sales tax. The states are looking for low hanging fruit while driving businesses and affiliates out of state. Most affiliates don't want to march on the state capital because they don't want to be targeted. The bigger ones move out of state and the ones making a few $1000 a year get driven out of business. Maybe Dick Durbin's bill will end this but I don't see that happening for 3-5 years. http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143731

Econsultancy is UK based and I enjoy reading different perspectives just like I enjoy the BBC news casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny O'Hare View Post
    I enjoyed reading about the demise of affiliate marketing
    Hey Vinny,

Can you please give me the link to that post? I tried searching for it, but couldn't find it.

thanx
    Last edited by DevinChopra; April 29th, 2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: typo

If you are an affiliate in the USA who is facing being cut off by online retailers there is a solution. I am based in the UK, and if you are interested I could help you out by acting on your behalf, i.e. receiving your commission under my name and UK address and the passing it back to you.

PS: I am an affiliate by myself using affiliate networks and receive many cheques monthly in US dollars as well, so I understand the whole procedure how to handle these issues.
    You are also welcome to come over to UK for a visit to discuss this matter personally.
    Yep i would be happy to take anyones cheque too! Oh come on i am an affilite!!! Perhaps in exchange, you could recieve my yahoo checks if i sign up!

Dont you just love em?

JIM

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread