Thread: Affiliate Program Management Case Study - Stupid.com

Talking Affiliate Program Management Case Study - Stupid.com

PRWeb -- Affiliates look for the basics when choosing what programs to promote and Stupid.com has it all, a simple one-word domain, lovable in-demand products and easy to navigate landing pages that sell. It’s no wonder why the Stupid.com affiliate program has grown exponentially and is so popular in the industry.

One year ago, the owners of Stupid.com launched a newly reformatted affiliate program on the ShareASale network after several failed attempts to capture affiliate traffic and capitalize on it.
    The new program was launched with the help of a seasoned affiliate program management firm, Greg Hoffman Consulting. Once the program matured, which is an oxymoron when talking about Stupid.com, affiliates embraced the conversions and sales skyrocketed into Q4’10.

“The instant I talked with Stupid.com about affiliate program management, I said “You need a stupid manager with a long-term strategy for success,” said Greg Hoffman. “In month 7, sales doubled. In month 8, they quadrupled. In month 9, they doubled again and in December they had to break down a wall in the warehouse and ship out product through a whole new door”.

Distinguished members of ABestWeb.com, the largest online community of affiliates in the world, recently voted Stupid.com the Most Improved Affiliate Program of 2010.

“I visit the site often just to laugh at the crazy product descriptions and to buy perfect gifts for my stupid friends,” said Rexanne Mancini, a Stupid.com affiliate. “The program management is proactive, responsive, ethical and they listen to their affiliate’s concerns and suggestions which is why this program exploded this past year to become one of the most promising affiliate partnerships available.”

Stupid.com pays affiliates 15% commission with average sales of $40. Conversion rate fluctuates depending on seasonality between 2% and 5%. The best converting affiliates have blogs or niche content related to holidays or humor. Affiliates receive newsletters with relevant news that helps them immediately such as deals, best seller lists and tips on upcoming promotions.

Justin Scott, Web Marketing Director for Stupid.com, is very happy with the affiliate channel. “We love the affiliates enthusiasm and creativity in promoting our stupid products,” he said. “Our affiliates have been there to support us all the way as the brand has grown and we want to make sure we give them everything they need for success.”

“A large percentage of our new customers are finding us through affiliates so we continue building personal relationships and trust with them.”

Affiliates have access to a full datafeed with nearly 800 products, which are also available on the popular Popshops.com store building site. Join the Stupid.com affiliate program today and contact the stupid management team for tips and tricks on how to be a successful stupid affiliate.

About Stupid.com – Founded in 1998, Stupid.com has been spreading laughs one gift at a time for over 13 years now. For all the craziest, stupidest, and most hilarious Stocking Stuffers, Funny Father’s Gifts, and Unusual Gifts, visit Stupid.com Today.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I think the stats speak for themselves with this program and how it has grown in popularity, and with good reason. The site is awesome, their staff is easy to work with, and their products are unique and fun. I don't know of an affiliate out there that wouldn't relate to something on this site.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

I'm hoping everyone enjoyed the free stuff from Stupid.com at ThinkTank11. I love my WTF stamp.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

My wife won't let me hang the bacon air freshener in the car.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    My wife won't let me hang the bacon air freshener in the car.
    You just reminded me about that. Now I can't find mine. I think my wife may have hidden it.
    Greg Hoffman

6. Newsletter Signup