Hello out there,

We send out a newsletter periodically to our affiliates through CJ to update everyone on our upcoming promotions. The problem is that not as many people receive the newsletter as we would like. Is it that these emails are being filtered out of inboxes or do a lot of affiliates have incorrect contact information in CJ? Is there any way that we, as a merchant, can improve that figure? On the same note, how do we increase the amount of people that actually read it once it is in their inboxes? Please give feedback on what you think about merchant newsletters and if you actually read them or not. If you are presently an affiliate of OneShare.com, could you tell me what you think about our latest newsletter? I would really appreciate any feedback that you could give us.

ABW Ambassador
    Randy,

I have noticedyou have been active on the coupons as of late, but I think they are beginning to get a little too frequent. Monthly and weekly couopns, with the additional weekend coupon every once in a while is good, but having different coupons each day is beginning to be too much.

Is there a reason you have deviated from the coupon frequency as of a few months ago to the present format?

On your question, I am not sure of a better delivery method, other than requiring your partners have a valid email/phone number published. That is a red flag in my books.

IamJaloppy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm not inclined to showcase you like before as you seemed to over advertise on the Web. Couldn't go anywhere without seeing your portal banners and popups. Also the coupons just feed the BHO parasites with more infernal popups so my cookies always were over written at the point of sale. Love the ebiz plan and it makes a great gift.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Randy,
    Are you talking about affiliates not opening the newsletter or opening it and not doing anything with the information? If they aren’t opening it could be because of all the other email that people get from “OneShare”. I got three last week myself all to the same email address from the same company. The sender field reads “OneShare” not Commission_Junction_yadda_yadda_yadda like the newsletter, but they may just be looking at the subject line and seeing “OneShare.com Jan 13-19 Promotions” and think its just another piece of Spam. Just my two cents.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

ABW Ambassador
    I read all my email in the system. I prefer not to get them at my personal home box. If it pertains to the program I don't mind it coming to my home but a majority of merchants treat the CJ contacts as though we were customers.

I also hate the fact that some even assume because we are in the CJ system that we have OPTED-IN to their sales crap.

A majority of time it seems I know more about a merchant's site than they do~! So why do I need to receive sales jargon? I spend a large portion of time getting merchants to update the time-sensitive offers on their own sites. Some still have pre-Christmas happening~! What's up with that?

No. I get hundreds of emails a day, about a third is legitimate, a third regular spam from outsiders and the other third is spam from merchants and affiliates pushing the same stuff I'm affiliated with. I never sign up for anything yet hundreds INSIST I'm opted in . . . don't get me going . . .

So, I've never had a problem with OneShare. The newsletters are to the point and gives me the heads-up on the offers. Short and sweet with no BUY THIS NOW crapola . . .

Sorry for the rant . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone @ CyclonesFunnel.com

If an advertiser sends me an email to my personal account they go on my spam filters with a note to myself to consider dropping them unless they perform well for me. The fact that they have to resort to spamming is usually a clear sign that they are a non performer so it can be a good early indicator of merchants to avoid. The worst kind of merchants are the kind that spam me to tell me I'm part of their team, I'm bloody well not! They may as well be asking me to clean their lavatory.

Send as many emails to me as you want through the internal system at cj.com. Thats what its for.

I read the first couple I got from you. Now they go directly to the trash.

Thank you everyone who has responded to our situation. I really appreciate all of the comments, both good and bad. I have received more feedback from you than I have from our last newsletter. I can understand how the revolving daily promotions can be a little cumbersome. We are now going to give our affiliates the opportunity to run any of the promotions for any length of time and whenever they would like at least until the end of the month anyways. Then we will start out with all new fresh promotions. What day is best for affiliates to receive newsletters so they don't end up in a recycle bin. We will continue to keep the newsletters short and sweet so we don't take up too much of your time. We, too, know that the day isn't long enough to do everything that is needed.

quote:
    What day is best for affiliates to receive newsletters so they don't end up in a recycle bin.

Hhmmmmmm, let me think, what day is a good day to recieve spam on?

BTW: spam doesn't make it as far as my recycle bin, I hold down the ALT key when I delete something.

I am sorry that you feel that way Warhead. What else do you define as "spam"? A lot of our other affiliates like the fact that we take such an active role in updating our newest promotions.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I can understand how the revolving daily promotions can be a little cumbersome.
    I think once a month is plenty. And one problem I see a lot of merchants making is providing notice of a promotion when the thing is halfway over~! Give at least a weeks notice prior to the start of any promo so all get the most benefit from it because, as it stands now, by the time we get the chance to get the word out, it's just about over.

Brian
    aka Cyclone @ CyclonesFunnel.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread