It's great to finally see the holiday shopping season kick in gear. This week has been absolutely incredible, and I know it's only going to go up from here in the next couple weeks!

My traffic this week is up about 50% over November levels, and conversion ratios appear to be improving as well.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Same on this end. I was wondering how long to expect the shopping, came back from Disneyland and found all kinds of sales today. Let's keep it up.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Yes, here too, but the question is are you going to be the grasshopper or the ant?
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, monday was the kickoff for me. It seemed like people did some physical shopping over the weekend and then hit the internet on monday...

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    The last two years I've reinvested all of my my Xmas sales into my business. I think this year I'm going to siphon off a fair amount and have a splendid, relaxing, not-worry-about-expenses holiday.

My conversion ratio in December last year was 11.5% for some of my sites, don't know if that's good for this time of year, but I'll be pretty darn happy with my traffic increase if the rate stays the same.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    Yup, things are starting to build up. Looking good for the next few weeks, and then hopefully past the Christmas shopping into the after-Christmas sales.

I love this time of year.

We have a program that helps those who need it most at Christmas time. For those families who do not have enough money to buy presents for their kids.

We have had to turn to this program in the past for help with presents for Christmas for our kids, back before I started doing this.

It will be nice this year to help others by donating things that can be given to other children.

Julian-

Me too, I'm donating coats to local kids this year, and there's a program to help Iraqi children I am looking into as well.

Here's one of them, donating school supplies to Iraqi kids..... Operation Iraqi Children

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Last week was good for me, this week tanked.

I am hoping it picks back up.

I am glad to see everyone else doing so well though!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I do feel the momentum too, and it's not just on Xmas shopping either. All of our CPA campaigns, few related to Xmas in anyway, are getting more traffic.

I guess people are just spending more time online.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Man, I'm jealous. My sales sputtered in November and now seem to be stalling further. Maybe I am building up friction instead of momentum?

Or maybe web hosting (my biggest category by far) is just not on people's mind during the silly seasons.

Or maybe I should have done something for the holidays back in August when I meant to.

Or maybe I should get back to building pages and spend less time playing with the smiley menu.

Want to know something weird, tho. It seems like there is a correlation between sales and time I spend on ABW. Maybe I need to spend MORE time with the smileys!

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

I've already bought another domain to build up for next year!

Heh, woke up to an $800 jewelry sale, those are always nice! That's four diamonds so far in Dec., from a coupla different merchants. Woohoo!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Heh, woke up to an $800 jewelry sale, those are always nice! That's four diamonds so far in Dec., from a coupla different merchants. Woohoo! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jewelry is NICE. I had my largest jewelry sale ever yesterday - $3971 sale from Diamond.com!
    I just revamped a bunch of my jewelry sites this week so I like to think it was due to that work!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm having solid sales too. Nothing spectacular - but conversions are definitely a bit above normal. So far just over 1K in commissions for December already. Of course, I don't look forward to Zappos reversal day on the 11th - which has come to be a rather sad day anymore!

But, I really, really need to get a more dedicated shopping site up or to rework my content site a bit to take better advantage of Christmas.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread