Thread: Stupid Mother Promo

Talking Stupid Mother Promo

Ok, I'll try not to go overboard on this since most of us love our mothers.

But everyone's mother has done something stupid at some point, right?

Let's see if there is any interest in a contest here to find the stupidest thing your mother ever did, or maybe you are a mother and you did something stupid. Be nice and professional and the two best stories will win a $25 gift certificate from Stupid.com.

I'm telling you now, we are planning on doing this again for Father's Day so start thinking about your dads stupid stories.

Who's first?

Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Stupid Mother's Day Gifts, Free Shipping on Orders over $65, Deal ID 56723
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

No one has a stupid story about their mother? Come on, she'll never see it here.
    Greg Hoffman

Mom Rules 101:
    Moms always find out everything. You cannot hide anything from your Mom, ever. Even if she doesn't see it, someone else will see it & tell her.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Mother's Day bump is starting. I'm seeing great sales from a prominent ABW member. Thank you. You know who you are!!!
    Greg Hoffman

Okay okay. I'll play. But don't judge me! This is shame-on-me kind of stupid, not fun kind of stupid.

After I had my daughter I had a bad case of the Mommy Brain (when you are pregnant or have recently had a child and would completely lose your head if it wasn't on straight)...

I went to Target to pick up some baby things (diapers, bibs, etc) and after I checked out I went to my car, looked for my keys in my purse, and could not find them! I checked my bags to see if I absentmindedly pulled them out at the register and dropped them into one of the shopping bags....nope! I noticed that I had left my car unlocked so I threw my bags in the trunk and I went back into the store, asked at customer service if anyone had turned in keys, went back to ALL of the 15 or so spots I went in the store to see if I laid them down anywhere or dropped them, asking every I saw along my way if they had seen a random set of keys lying around. Near tears at this point out of frustration, I decided to go back to my car to sit and breathe for a minute and think. When I got in my car....guess what...there were the keys...IN the ignition, with the car still ON!

I know, I know...shame on me! :/
    Last edited by Jill; April 27th, 2011 at 07:56 PM.
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

Affiliate Manager OutdoorPlayToys's Avatar
    LOL! Does that mean the car was on the whole time you were in the store?!?! Mommy brain is a crazy thing.....

I got one about my mom....I must have been about 6, we were in Fl with my 4 step siblings in our 1977 Cutlass Riviera (yep, 7 people driving from NJ to FL - and we didnt use carseats GASP!!!)....we went to eat at a restaurant (like a Denny's type place)....we leave get to the car and then several police cars surround us....I was 6, I was SCARED! They took my mother from the car, cuffed her and searched her pocket book.

Apparently she had stolen the silverware from the restaurant - although her story was that it fell into her pocket book....we laughed about that one for years.....truth was she just loved the silverware!

Yep, a STUPID thing to do!

On a bright note - seeing your mom get handcuffed can really keep you from EVER stealing! :-)
    Last edited by OutdoorPlayToys; April 27th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.

8. Newsletter Signup