Bad contact data
    Will someone please fix Boat Shoes contact email in SAS so I can complain about the explosion of reversed sales I just got today?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hi Justnet,

The boat shoes program has been transitioned in house and we are finalizing the process as we speak ... note, we did not have anything to do with those reversals ...

Please email Jose at - jprado@boatshoes.com , he will be able to help you ...

Thanks again ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez View Post
    Hi Justnet,

The boat shoes program has been transitioned in house and we are finalizing the process as we speak ... note, we did not have anything to do with those reversals ...

Please email Jose at - jprado@boatshoes.com , he will be able to help you ...

Thanks again ...
    Damn, I missed that memo sorry for being pissy to you guy's.

What can Jose do for me if Boatshoes is going in house?

Sorry, I meant in house management, as far as I know and have been told, he is keeping it on SAS ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Hi Andy -

I'm disappointed there was no email about the transition, so when did this finalize May 1? It would have been nice to know if/when the program, or any program, goes "in-house". Certainly there is always an announcement when an AM/OPM takes over an in-house program, so why not when they end managing the program?

I only found out now because I haven't heard either way on the CA nexus issue. I will contact Jose about the CA nexus law - my gut says they will remove CA affiliate since they are in FL, however, the TOA doesn't include nexus language for any states like NY, IL, SC, etc. so I might be safe.

The last time I contacted Boatshoes, through the SAS contact link, was early-mid May regarding data feed updates and getting more brands in the feed, which they did. The response was from Jose? @boatshoes it seemed perfectly normal to get a reply from either Jose or ARC in that case so I didn't think anything of it.

when looking for nexus language in the boatshoes TOA on SAS I found it has a paragraph which still implies ARC is managing the program. Andy you might want to clear up that paragraph with boatshoes. and if you could suggest they include nexus info in the TOA that would be helpful too.

"Who do I contact if I still have questions?
    We are happy to announce that our program is now being managed by Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Inc. and we encourage you to send questions or feedback to Andy at partners@andyrodriguez.com. Additionally, ShareASale.com provides affiliates with ongoing support and information. Visit their site to generate reports or download banners and link codes. You can also find answers to many frequently asked questions about their services."

Regards
    Joe

P.S. Justnet I have only had 1 reversal which occurred Jun 17 on a sale from 2-3 weeks prior. I didn't inquire about it but figured it was from buyer remorse or discontinued product.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWojo View Post

P.S. Justnet I have only had 1 reversal which occurred Jun 17 on a sale from 2-3 weeks prior. I didn't inquire about it but figured it was from buyer remorse or discontinued product.
    I've had a lot...

Every other month (twice now) round about 50%

I expect some especially if I see a sale go through for twice the sale amount of the product link clicked through. They probably bought 2 different sizes knowing they would return the wrong pair.

Even Jose has admitted to me that my reversals look out of whack, but it is still occurring.

They're slipping off my RADAR screen.

Quote Originally Posted by justnet View Post
    I've had a lot...

They probably bought 2 different sizes knowing they would return the wrong pair.
    that would explain it

that would explain it
    No that would only explain some of it.
    Anyway I'm just a little guy (Jose's made that clear to me)
    And. it's just not worth my time to have to question and double check them every other month.

Bummer is I have a PR 2 and PR 3 site for boatshoes.
    I'll have to find a new merchant.
    Last edited by justnet; July 3rd, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

Hi Andy -

I'm disappointed there was no email about the transition, so when did this finalize May 1? It would have been nice to know if/when the program, or any program, goes "in-house". Certainly there is always an announcement when an AM/OPM takes over an in-house program, so why not when they end managing the program?
    Joe,

Agreed, an announcement was to be sent out, as well as updating the information on the account, I have already contacted Jose about this and he will take care of it.

Jose is aware of the nexus situation and he told me over the weekend that he was going to adsress it with the affiliates.

We have kept in contact with Jose and are ready to assist him whenever he is ready. We are not however managing his day to day affiliate program, he is managing it in house.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by justnet View Post
    Anyway I'm just a little guy (Jose's made that clear to me)
    And. it's just not worth my time to have to question and double check them every other month.

Bummer is I have a PR 2 and PR 3 site for boatshoes.
    I'll have to find a new merchant.
    Little guys today can be the big guys of tomm. In my 10 years of affiliate management, I have seen "little guys" grow to powerhouses in the industry ...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread