ABW Ambassador
    What is an "Archived" link?
    I have a merchant who has been posting sales but the amounts and commissions are both $0.00. When I dug into it deeper, it looks like they removed most of their links and the links that I had up were "Archived" (actual CJ term). I have never seen this before. Could this account for my zero-dollar sales? If so, isn't that a bit of a dirty trick on the merchants side? The sales is there but it's not going to pay... (This program has no zero-commssionable items, and very simple 15% terms)
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Archive in CJ refers to program terms. If they expired the terms you are given 7 day notice to remove links. The term is archived so the data is stored. Post the merchant and I will take a look, see what I can find.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Chuck. The link "status" is actually "Archived". I see this by viewing the $0.00 sale link info - is that the same as you are referring to?

What upsets me is that:
    1) There was no notice that the links were being pulled/archived (in fact, at one point in time they had no links of any kind in the merchant area).
    2) I have been asking the merchant for reasons why the $0.00 sales and never received a reply - looks like a dirty trick to get sales but not have to pay commission on them
    3) I had escalated this to CJ and they eventually stopped responding to my ticket - you think that they should have been able to tell me what the problem was?!

I would prefer to not name names - this merchants commission is over $100 per sale and I have 8 or 9 of these $0.00 sales. If it were not such a significant amount of loot, I would drop it but $1000s is a $1000s!

I believe that archived links should still work (although they might just go to the home page? I can't remember) and track. They've just been flagged by the merchant as no longer being actively promoted in the affiliate interface.

You might want to look in the Help section on CJ's site to confirm, but that's my understanding.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Michael, I just spent some time trying to find the answer in CJ help. Unfortunately, nothing on archived links. I have placed another request with CJ help - wish me luck!

Thanks again!

Dave, you ca resubmit the tech request and have to follow the procedure explicitly. As long as you keep it open they have to answer it. At first you will get some automated messages just keep sending it back.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Dave, you ca resubmit the tech request and have to follow the procedure explicitly. As long as you keep it open they have to answer it. At first you will get some automated messages just keep sending it back.
    I now have three unanswered help ticket entries. In them I list the dates, times, order ID's - the works. The last one reply for CJ was 01/12/2011!

I am hoping that changing my links out for current one should help... But, I would also like to see the $0.0s turn into $100.00 (+)!

Thanks for your responses - it is very helpful!

If I were owed $1000 I would be on the phone with the AM raising hell!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the kick in the butt Chuck. I guess I have an over abundance of patience. Thanks to your nudge I am now pursing the AM. Unfortunately the account is run by CJ and there is no direct contact number aside from a CJ email address.

Maybe you should try contacting the merchant directly and ask them who in their company handles their affiliate program. I know they are paying CJ to do it but they most have a person who is assigned to work with CJ. Worth a try..........
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Maybe you should try contacting the merchant directly and ask them who in their company handles their affiliate program. I know they are paying CJ to do it but they most have a person who is assigned to work with CJ. Worth a try..........
    Good idea kse. I tried to contact them once through their live help and it was actually a very funny conversation... I will try again and see what happens.

Thanks for the support!

I had an ex-affiliate contact me about a problem with the company I left. Their top grossing program has been offline for 3 days. I suggested she call the president of the agency that runs the program. Having worked for him for four years I know he will kick some serious butt as this affiliate makes over $200k in commissions.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread