Outsourced Program Manager Patrick - AMWSO's Avatar
    Most Popular Datafeed Solution Provider?
    Hello All,

We've just launched the datafeed for DogsHealth.com on ShareaSale. I have a quick question. I was wondering who the most popular 3rd party datafeed solution provider is with affiliates? We're in the process of integrating the feed with Popshops - are they still the preferred feed aggregator?

Thanks,
    Patrick
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. MSN - goodfellowpat@hotmail.com ::: www.amwso.com Get our RSS News Feed here - feeds.feedburner.com/AMWSO
    My Affiliate Marketing Programs :
    EverSmoke.com - SouthBeachSmoke.com, My music production site.

PopShops has a very good "product" - but you should look through the PopShops forum.

What You're Missing...

Disappearing Navigation...

Wonders If Pop Shops Ever Plans To...

We have also had success with GoldenCAN, and it is also a popular service.
    Last edited by Bill; April 20th, 2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added a thought...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

They all have issues, I don't know whether there is one preferred service. PopShops is paid for by its users but offers more user control of appearance, GoldenCan is free to use but takes a cut (and often shows up in error logs), I use them both. Datafeedr isn't mentioned much, they don't have a forum here.

Hey Bill & 2Busy,

Thanks for sharing.... once were ready with PopShops, we'll move onto GoldenCan. We were also considering datafeedr, although the expense also seems quite high for the affiliate with a minimum monthly fee of $27 for one store.

How about Feedshare? Although I see they don't have as many merchants.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Last edited by Patrick - AMWSO; April 20th, 2011 at 08:50 AM.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. MSN - goodfellowpat@hotmail.com ::: www.amwso.com Get our RSS News Feed here - feeds.feedburner.com/AMWSO

Feedshare has major issues. Tried to work with them. Once. Hefty merchant set up fees too.

As an affiliate who is still an occasional datafeed user, I prefer PopShops of the resources you've mentioned. I'm becoming less than charmed with the issues I see PopShops having regarding communications (see the threads referenced above), but I've seen more results with PopShops than GoldenCan, and I've never tried datafeedr -- and never heard of Feedshare, I don't think? Or maybe I've seen very brief mention of Feedshare here at ABW some years back?

GoldenCan has always seemed like a useful service that really should be of value -- but on the sites where I've used it, I've NEVER had a single sale and very few clickthroughs even.

I'd also cast my vote for AvantLink.com's Webservice Datafeed Client, if that would somehow work into your plans. As I'm learning to use it, I find it far more useful and effective than the 3rd party software you're asking about. But I assume joining Avantlink.com's network to gain use of that tool isn't in your plans right now.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

7. Thanks From:

Same as you Gary.

I had GoldenCan links on some of my sites for years and I never made a penny with them either so I removed all of their links.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    But I assume joining Avantlink.com's network to gain use of that tool isn't in your plans right now.
    Gary
    Right... we're very focused on getting the ShareaSale program off the ground first and getting the tools ( inc. the feed) our affiliates will need in good order.

But once that is done and we're established on SaS, Sam the owner of DogsHealth may consider other joining other networks such as AvantLink - especially if that means DogsHealth can connect with new affiliates not on ShareaSale.

Any updates on this topic? I'm interested in running a few datafeeds.

clearification needed
    Did anyone knows about the options to see datafeed uploaded or not , i can't see my feed uploaded or not on my merchant account ? can any affiliate help me init

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread