Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lightbulb Need opinions / feedback regarding PPC Affiliate Marketing on Google
    I am hoping I can get some good feedback from some of the affiliate marketing vets here.

Basically:

Since Google has very strict policies about not advertising affiliate programs with Adwords PPC, as well as big restrictions on a lot of the highly profitable keywords, like Health Supplements ect.. What would you guys think of a technology that could get around all of that? Basically like a proprietary cloaking AI that could detect Google and show them one thing " the ideal of what they want to see " and maybe send your real traffic directly to your bridge / splash page or even directly to the affiliate store and make it seem as if it came from your 'legit website' to everyone else? A proven tech that can beat Google, not a cheap cloaker that get's you banned in a week.

What do you think the best / most profitable market would be to do this in and what do you think this service would be worth to provide to a 3rd party to allow them to take advantage of it? A % or a flat fee monthly, ect?

Please give me your feedback, I would appreciate it!

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Matt Cutts will get you.

3. Thanks From:

What would I think of your strategies to cheat, and to violate your contracts with both Google and your advertisers?

Gosh, I'd think that this was cheating, and violates your contracts. You shouldn't do it.

I would definitely start in the online poker business that targets US traffic. Big opportunities there now!

Wait. WHAT????

Several of you people seem to think there might be a role for ethics and morality in the affiliate marketing business.

I thought it was all about money??

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I am very distressed that you think so little of the members of this community. I don't know what you've heard or where you've heard it, but the vast majority of ABW members are honest business people that would not even consider trying to "game" a search engine. Let's forget about the errors in your assumptions about Google and affiliates but consider that if you don't feel that you can make an "honest" living at affiliate marketing, than maybe you should consider another career path.

JMKAGO.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    I am very distressed that you think so little of the members of this community. I don't know what you've heard or where you've heard it, but the vast majority of ABW members are honest business people that would not even consider trying to "game" a search engine. Let's forget about the errors in your assumptions about Google and affiliates but consider that if you don't feel that you can make an "honest" living at affiliate marketing, than maybe you should consider another career path.

JMKAGO.

-rematt
    This must be where the saints of affiliate marketing congregate then. Most of the people I know in this business are more concerned with delivering results. How are you cheating anyone other than arbitrary Google rules? Screw Google I say, if you've dealt with Google long enough you'd know they are a group of big headed jerk offs.. You are delivering quality, highly converting traffic that is building big business for what ever program you're marketing, do you really think your client is going to complain?

Last I checked, being successful in Affiliate Marketing was not about playing how someone asks, it's about delivering and converting. You have to be a steap ahead of the next guy otherwise you're just picken up his table scraps.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Speaking of G, you may want to look this over before your next post.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Speaking of G, you may want to look this over before your next post.
    Neat, here's one that will probably explain a few things for your condition.
    Last edited by everaffiliate; April 21st, 2011 at 02:24 PM.

You're right everaffiliate. That's why when people ask to unsubscribe from an email list, I just lick my chops. That's money in the bank and it means I have a live email address to hit up with my next offer. Gotta stay ahead of the curve right?

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson View Post
    You're right everaffiliate. That's why when people ask to unsubscribe from an email list, I just lick my chops. That's money in the bank and it means I have a live email address to hit up with my next offer. Gotta stay ahead of the curve right?
    What on earth does this thread have to do with spam and email marketing? I honestly don't get what you're trying to say...
    Last edited by everaffiliate; April 21st, 2011 at 02:31 PM.

Screw Google I say, if you've dealt with Google long enough you'd know they are a group of big headed jerk offs.
    So I guess you have blocked Google in your robots.txt then..?

"Saints of Affiliate Marketing"..? No, we're just ethical business owners....

Break the rules at your own risk.. but just imagine how your client will feel when they are dropped from the index, and banned from Google. What a winning outcome that will be.
    Last I checked, being successful in Affiliate Marketing was not about playing how someone asks, it's about delivering and converting
    What an arrogant and naive statement..

I am constantly amazed at what some consider ethical behavior....

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    So I guess you have blocked Google in your robots.txt then..?
    Good one... I'm sure this would defeat Google...

"Saints of Affiliate Marketing"..? No, we're just ethical business owners....
    Ethics is a matter of opinion with what we're talking about. If you don't agree with something and you don't abide by it, does that make you unethical? Who decides who's being ethical and who's not?

If Google said you had to club a baby seal before you used any of their services and you used them anyway without getting your clubbing in, would that make you unethical for not doing it or Google for saying you were suppose to.

Break the rules at your own risk.. but just imagine how your client will feel when they are dropped from the index, and banned from Google. What a winning outcome that will be.
    I'm surprised you would know so little about Google and still be willing to post a scenario like this. Since this is a forum and one of the ideas here is to gain education through discussion, let me help you out.
    1) Google Adwords and Google's Organic Index are two very separate things. If you get an Adwords account suspended for any reason, it does not effect a sites organic index rank in any way.
    2) You are advertising with YOUR OWN Adwords account, what would this have to do with the clients Account? You are an Affiliate Marketer, remember? Worst case scenario is that your Adwords account got suspended, your 'client' wouldn't know anything about it. If you could ban sites with Adwords, I assure you competitor sabotage would be rampant.
    What an arrogant and naive statement..
    I suppose if you're a carebear and enjoy living off of table scraps. The only thing naive that I've seen so far however is your knowledge of Google and Affiliate marketing.

If you think it's naive and arrogant to be hungry, want to make money and maximize your success, you're in the wrong business bud.

You brought up clients right here:
    for what ever program you're marketing, do you really think your client is going to complain?
    Perhaps you should have been clear that you were talking about "merchants" you would be promoting, not clients you represent (which is something different).

Ethical = abiding by rules and terms of use. You opened this thread saying you want to get around Google's strict policies.

But again, you are missing the point.. trying to game the system costs you... there is no need to lecture us with the semantics of Google Adwords vs Organic. We already know.. so go ahead, get an AdWords account suspended, create another one... and so on...

My knowledge of affiliate marketing is naive? Sure.. whatever.. I just do this for a living.. me and my carebears...

If you want to further your career by "breaking the rules", I say go for it.. it's businesses like yours that let mine continue to grow & prosper in the end... it means less competition down the road.
    Last edited by teezone; April 21st, 2011 at 03:13 PM.

Just because you do something for a living doesn't mean you do it well. For all I know you could be some kid that makes 50 bucks a month telling your friends and family to use your affiliate links to buy products so you can get a new video game. Who knows, your original post didn't sound very experienced. (blocking google in robots.txt?....)

You came in to my thread slinging around insults, discussing organic index penalties in a PPC adwords thread and pushing your idea of what ethics should be.

This thread isn't about being ethical.. or if you should, who is and who isn't. I could careless what you think about that. Stop derailing. If you don't agree with the topic and you don't want to add to the subject matter in a way that's contributory, don't post, move on to something that talks about stuffed animals and video games, or go quote some scripture to your church buddies...

I am here to talk about ways of making money through affiliate marketing not about what you consider ethical. Go talk about that shit with your bible study group.
    Last edited by everaffiliate; April 21st, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

For all I know you could be some kid that makes 50 bucks a month telling your friends and family to use your affiliate links to buy products so you can get a new video game.
    Sorry to disappoint, or burst your bubble... I own a business that employs others.

I asked if you banned Google using robots.txt since you considered them beneath you ("Screw google... a group of big headed jerk offs.").

You obviously have no experience running a legitimate business or website.. and being ethical has nothing to do with the bible or religion (where do you get that from?). My BUSINESS ethics come from the Chartered Financial Analysis program (yes, you probably have to look that up) - the mantra is "Act with integrity, competence, and respect".

I wasn't derailing the thread in the least.. just helping shine a light on someone asking how they could break the rules without being caught.

Good luck in your future endeavours.
    Last edited by teezone; April 21st, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by everaffiliate View Post
    I am hoping I can get some good feedback from some of the affiliate marketing vets here.
    Looks like you received some good feedback from some of the affiliate marketing vets here on ABW.

Probably won't find anyone here who would come out in public and support such a concept. Perhaps you will be received more favorably in the blackhat arena.

If you would, please come back and let us know how things worked out for you and your concept...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Looks like you received some good feedback from some of the affiliate marketing vets here on ABW.

Probably won't find anyone here who would come out in public and support such a concept. Perhaps you will be received more favorably in the blackhat arena.

If you would, please come back and let us know how things worked out for you and your concept...
    It's worked out well on several other forums as far as getting more ideas for other verticals and even making some partnerships. I think the problem here is there are a lot of inexperienced users who think the opposite of themselves.

I have been on both sides as far as having my own Affiliate Programs and pushing others. Affiliate Marketing isn't the kind and polite ideal some of these small guys think it is. Those sort of outlooks just show inexperience to me. If you want to make real money, you do what it takes. It's not illegal in any way and anyone you're pushing is going to be glad to have you working with them. I've made millions of dollars in this arena and I didn't do it playing patty cake with polite noobies.

If you're worried about what Google thinks about you, that's going to be a one sided relationship because they could care less about you.

Hope this advice finds the minds of a few less naive and hungry marketers.

Good Luck,

Everaffiliate
    Last edited by everaffiliate; April 22nd, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

It's worked out well on several other forums as far as getting more ideas for other verticals and even making some partnerships. I think the problem here is there are a lot of inexperienced users who think the opposite of themselves.

I have been on both sides as far as having my own Affiliate Programs and pushing others. Affiliate Marketing isn't the kind and polite ideal some of these small guys think it is. Those sort of outlooks just show inexperience to me. If you want to make real money, you do what it takes. It's not illegal in any way and anyone you're pushing is going to be glad to have you working with them. I've made millions of dollars in this arena and I didn't do it playing patty cake with polite noobies.

If you're worried about what Google thinks about you, that's going to be a one sided relationship because they could care less about you.

Hope this advice finds the minds of a few less naive and hungry marketers.

Good Luck,

Everaffiliate
    Well ya know, the problem with admitting that you're a liar and cheat is that once you do that...ya kinda lose all credibility. We already know you have no ethics, so why would we believe anything you have to say? As far as I'm concerned you're just another $hit talkin' noob with nothing real to say and nothing of any value to add. I really think that you'd be more comfortable with the more "experienced" like minded users on the other forums that you frequent. We'd miss you, but we'll get over it.

-rematt

Please vote: How do YOU like the kinder/gentler rematt?
    Last edited by rematt; April 22nd, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Well ya know, the problem with admitting that you're a liar and cheat is that once you do that...ya kinda lose all credibility. We already know you have no ethics, so why would we believe anything you have to say? As far as I'm concerned you're just another $hit talkin' noob with nothing real to say and nothing of any value to add. I really think that you'd be more comfortable with the more "experienced" like minded users on the other forums that you frequent. We'd miss you, but we'll get over it.

-rematt
    I don't blame you for being mad, if I just found out that I sucked at my job that I thought I was good at, I'd react the same.

Thanks for bumping my post, tool

Makes ya wonder...if we have nothing of value for you here, and you are as successful as you say you are, what are you doing here?

I'm not mad at you. That would be stupid, you are inconsequential and about to be banned if you don't behave yourself. You really need to get out of your mom's basement and get a j.o.b., ya know?

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; April 22nd, 2011 at 10:44 AM.

Makes ya wonder...if we have nothing of value for you here, and you are as successful as you say you are, what are you doing here?

I'm not mad at you. That would be stupid, you are inconsequential and about to be banned if you don't behave yourself. You really need to get out of your mom's basement and get a j.o.b., ya know?

-rematt
    I'm about to be banned for having this back and forth with you? lol.. If you knew how to read you'd see I was looking for opinions from other experienced affiliates (this wouldn't include you). You are just here to dump on my thread.. why wouldn't they just ban you for trolling if they ban for that sort of thing?
    Moderator Note: one more personal attack is too many.
    Last edited by 2busy; April 22nd, 2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Removed rude comment

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I'm about to be banned for having this back and forth with you? lol.. If you knew how to read you'd see I was looking for opinions from other experienced affiliates (this wouldn't include you). You are just here to dump on my thread.. why wouldn't they just ban you for trolling if they ban for that sort of thing?

Thanks again for the bump, tool boy.
    The ABestWeb (ABW) Community encourages dialog, debate and constructive criticism when appropriate to promote the affiliate industry by encouraging ethical conduct and informed decision-making. Membership to ABW is free but not without responsibility. The ABW Community exists and flourishes because members contribute their time, expertise and passion to facilitate a functioning community. Please respect the community contributions by learning and following the rules and guidelines presented herein. These rules may be updated from time to time with or without notice. While we will do our best to inform you when we do update them, we cannot guarantee your receipt of such notices.
    We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. Attack the problem, not the person.
    Forum Rules - updated 8/30/2010 - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

And you feel his posts are polite? All he's been doing is trying to insult me, derail my post and troll me how ever he can. I am simply 'replying' to his insults... He's provoking me and I'm calling him a tool for bumping my posts with it.. yes I'm clearly the guilty one...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast