Ezine Articles
    I have just put into Google a three word search term, there are 150 million results and there at number 4 is an article I wrote for Ezines back in October with a link to my affiliate site for a related product. Yes I am delighted as I have yet to sell this product but why should my article suddenly appear here, any ideas because if I am doing something right I certainly would like to bottle it and use again.

Interestingly if I the put the same search term in quotes there are only 47,000 results but my article is not on the first three pages.

I cannot begin to understand how this all works, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Searches without quotes include far reaching terms that run the full range of relevance so there will be far more results. If your article was written with those three words in that order it will rank higher in relevance. If not too many people are searching for those three words in that order you will not gain much for high ranking for that specific phrase.

Putting it in quotes tells you how many searches were done for that exact phrase (those words in that order).

The lower ranking for exact phrase in quotes tells you that you have competition that has done a better job, either by starting long before you did or by having more/better content that reinforces those terms (or both).

Broad search is 3,600 and exact "" 1,000 per month according to Google Adwords keyword tool.

However, the thing that really is confusing me is that we talk about regular content being added to our sites to attract the attention of Google and increasing our chances of being ranked, but this is an Ezines article first published 21st October 2010 and not touched since. Two weeks ago it was nowhere near page 1 and now suddenly it is position 4 on page 1 so How?

For the record my page 1 position has produced nil returns in the past few days as only two article views have resulted and certainly no sales.

Back to the grindstone.

Happy Easter to you all

If it is only in that position for "exact" then it is not in that position when people search. 1000 searches a month is not a lot, if you have had two visitors for that article its is normal to good. It would take many more views to produce clicks and many clicks to produce sales.

The issue about the age of the article is not surprising either, it can take months for things to show up in the index. It can speed up indexing if you are adding fresh content to your site regularly. The search rankings are not static, but are also related to the popularity of a given term. Terms showing 100,000 searches will more likely produce different positions more often than 'slow' search terms.

5. Thanks From:

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread