For Easter: The Rules of Chocolate
    The problem: How to get two pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car.
    The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.

Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It’ll take the edge off your appetite and you’ll eat less.

If you get melted chocolate all over your hands, you’re eating it too slowly.

A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Isn’t that handy?

If you can’t eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can’t eat all your chocolate, what’s wrong with you?

If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.

Money talks. Chocolate sings.

Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger.

Why is there no such organization as Chocoholics Anonymous?
    Because no one wants to quit.

Put “eat chocolate” at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you’ll get one thing done.

Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

Chocolate is a health food. Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived either from sugar beets or cane, both vegetables. And, of course, the milk/cream is dairy. So eat more chocolate to meet the dietary requirements for daily vegetable and dairy intake.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2. Thanks From:

hehehhe seems you are a big fan of chocolate.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

It's true, Michael, about eating chocolate in the parking lot when the temperature is hot.

I got a free four-piece chocolate box on an incredibly hot day, and it was soup when I got home, but chocolate lovers like me know what to do: refrigerate, then enjoy.

Chocoholic for life,

Shirley

Somewhat related:

I saw a poster for a famous brand of chocolate some years ago that said: "No one on their death bed ever said, 'Gee, I wish I'd eaten more rice cakes'!"

Gary, chocolate fan for life
    Generate more fake news.

6. Thanks From:

Missed comments about chocolate in ice cream, one of my favorite ways to enjoy chocolate. Is it true that calories don't like cold? <crossing fingers here>
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

We just planted a cacao tree two weeks ago, now waiting for home grown chocolate
    Great tips there Michael, very good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Put “eat chocolate” at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you’ll get one thing done.
    Love all the tips! This one is easy...mix some cocoa powder in your morning coffee for an early mocha java treat.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    Love all the tips! This one is easy...mix some cocoa powder in your morning coffee for an early mocha java treat.
    LOL - I thought I was the only one who did that. I love the smell but can't stand the bitter taste of coffee (I know, that's blasphemy to many!). But if I'm at a hotel that has a free breakfast buffet, they usually have the ingredients for a makeshift mocha: coffee, hot chocolate mix, cream and plenty of sugar/sweetener.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

you can freeze chocolates (truffles & such), have as little air in the container as possible and triple wrap it in plastic (in the case of a cardboard box), when you want to eat them let them come to room temp before removing the layers of plastic wrap.. this avoids the condensation that would form on the thawing chocolate. (you can't freeze chocolate covered strawberries or raspberries though.. the fruit would turn to mush).

you don't need to temper the chocolate if you are going to be making chocolate covered bananas (or banana pieces) since you are going to freeze them, or if you are making a ganashe or truffle center (you'd be surprised how many people don't get that when you add chocolate to boiling cream it does not matter if it was tempered..)

White chocolate is 'real' chocolate, it must contain cocoa butter (from the same bean as the coco powder/chocolate liqueur/chocolate mass that you find in Milk and Dark chocolate), in the US the FDA regulation on what can be called white chocolate has been out since '97 and has been in effect for almost a decade.

Real chocolate has cocoa butter in it, without the cocoa butter it can't be called Milk, White or Dark chocolate (there are actual FDA regulations that back that up in the US)

In the US the biggest 'chocolate covered strawberry' company actually can't legally call their product Milk, White, or Dark chocolate because the required ingredient (cocoa butter) is not in the product.

A grayish film on on chocolate does not make it unsafe to eat, that film is called 'bloom', there are several types, the most common is where the cocoa butter has separated, another is when the sugar has separated. Generally you will see it as a result to the chocolate melting and setting up again. It is perfectly safe to eat and does not affect the taste. Most likely the chocolate just got a little to hot and then set up again, it goes not mean it's old chocolate: just that it got too warm at some point.

Chocolate covered Serrano peppers are evil, you munch away and the chocolate masks the hotness of the peppers, then the chocolate dissolves and you have a mouthful of chewed extremely hot peppers.

In order to use the term 'chocolate flavored' there must be some part of the cocoa bean in the product, normally this is the cocoa power/chocolate liquor/cocoa mass since the key ingredient in white chocolate is the cocoa butter: if they take that out they are not allowed to use the term "chocolate" or "chocolate flavored" since there is nothing from the cocoa bean used.

"Chocolaty" means nothing legally, the term is not regulated at all, they could apply it to a type of building cement... it does not mean that any part of the product contains any of the key ingredients of chocolate, it's like 'chocolate flavored' except with no legal restrictions.

Unloading a truck filled with 1500 pounds of chocolate really is not that much fun..

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    The problem: How to get two pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car.
    The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.
    That's a very good problem to have!

Love the tips! This post really made my day (I read it while sipping a hot cup of mocha .. ).
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread